Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Plz help.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Dell is for stupid people. Well, that's being a bit harsh, sorry. Dell is for people who can't really understand computers. If you're computer illiterate, then go for the Dell. The nice thing about them is that they're customizable, and their customer service is helpful (if you can understand them). They're even offering Linux now, or so I hear... but eh, if you're gonna use Linux, you're going to be smart enough to want something better than a Dell.

ANYWAY.

If you want a cheap laptop, try eBay. Computer companies overprice eeeeverything, and you can get what you need for much less if you buy it online. If you want a fast connection, take your location into consideration. If you're in the city, DSL is better for you. If you're in a rural or suburban area, then cable is your best bet. If you have money, get something better.

....really, though, I'd go for the 360. As long as you have a computer, you're fine. There are a lot of great games for the 360, and online play is a lot of fun. The mortality rate is high, yeah, but that was mainly in the older consoles. The new warranty extends if you get the RRoD, so as long as you keep it on its side (to avoid laser burn), then you're good to go.

Have fun with whatever it is you decide to buy. :)

Posted

I'd go with a laptop. XBox is fun, but computers are more useful, and most of the games I want for 360 are available on PC anyways. I know that at least two of the games you listed are. Plus, online play is cheaper. (I think...?)

Posted

Dell is for stupid people. Well, that's being a bit harsh, sorry. Dell is for people who can't really understand computers. If you're computer illiterate, then go for the Dell. The nice thing about them is that they're customizable, and their customer service is helpful (if you can understand them). They're even offering Linux now, or so I hear... but eh, if you're gonna use Linux, you're going to be smart enough to want something better than a Dell.

ANYWAY.

If you want a cheap laptop, try eBay. Computer companies overprice eeeeverything, and you can get what you need for much less if you buy it online. If you want a fast connection, take your location into consideration. If you're in the city, DSL is better for you. If you're in a rural or suburban area, then cable is your best bet. If you have money, get something better.

....really, though, I'd go for the 360. As long as you have a computer, you're fine. There are a lot of great games for the 360, and online play is a lot of fun. The mortality rate is high, yeah, but that was mainly in the older consoles. The new warranty extends if you get the RRoD, so as long as you keep it on its side (to avoid laser burn), then you're good to go.

Have fun with whatever it is you decide to buy. :)

Lol, stupid people rule.

I live in the middle of nowhere, but we have a router thinggy. I don't plan on taking it anywhere, so I'd be fine as long as I stay near the house.

360... Sigh... I can wait for a 360. It's not that big of a deal, I have Wii, a DS, AND a 64, Im fine. Really.

My grandma doesn't let us use ebay, ever since I ordered the DS with the messed up touch-screen. XD

Posted

http://www.slickdeals.net

Find hot deals on laptops (and anything), coupon codes for dell and other places, discounts, free shipping codes, etc etc. All kinds of stuff.

Posted

No. Don't get a dell. From what I've heard, the batteries die easily.

Posted

No. Don't get a dell. From what I've heard, the batteries die easily.

...That's true :embarrassed:

I've got a Dell, and it's a laptop, the battery died before my father gave it to me.

Still, I think Dell is a good computer, we've got another Dell as a family PC in my house and it works well.

And, the laptop I'm using now is like 8 years old and I can use Photoshop CS3 in it with no problem (could be faster, but it runs quite softly).

I would get a Dell

Posted

I've had my dell for almost 5 month now and the only reason it was ever broken was because I got a virus :exclaim: and the virus protection I had was Norton witch was no help at all but I'm happy with it

now

Posted

So what's the cheapest I could get a decent Dell Laptop?

My laptop only cost $400 even and it is a compaq and it's new.

Try finding one at best buy or something.

Posted (edited)

IMO, laptop.

You can always download emulators, which would also solve many delimmas, but of course i dont condone any illegal behavior :unsure:

Edited by Embear (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks everybody :]

Dell laptop, at Best Buy... Got it.

A question taht's been bugging me for a LOONG time is: What's the difference between a Mac and a PC?

Posted

Thanks everybody :]

Dell laptop, at Best Buy... Got it.

A question taht's been bugging me for a LOONG time is: What's the difference between a Mac and a PC?

Mac is WAY better. And I have both a Mac and a PC. Mac is really hard to get used to if you've used a PC all your life, but it is worth it. The price on Macs are too high, but you get what you pay for.

If you are dead set on Windows (why?) and you have a Mac, you can install Windows on your computer and it will run better than it would on any other.

Mac has Garageband, an extremely efficient way to record music.

Mac's video-editing software is incredibly easy and reliable (Windows Movie Maker? Gawd.)

Mac also doesn't get viruses.

There are only 2 reasons to recommend a PC over a Mac.

1. Price. If you can't afford one, you can find many PCs that work great at half the price.

2. Games. If you love PC games, you won't like a Mac. Although, after you install Windows on the Mac, you can play any game that a PC can play.

Posted

Around how much would a Mac cost..? *drools on keyboard...*

Posted (edited)

Around how much would a Mac cost..? *drools on keyboard...*

Don't listen to them, It's a trap!

Mac's are ok.

But I prefer windows. I really do.

Though yes, Mac has iMovie, you can have Sony Vegas on Windows. (Movie Maker...I hate you)

Oh whoopdy-doo, Macs don't get viruses. It's the cowards that don't want viruses. I went nearly 1 1/2 on no virus protection on a windows, and I survived... except the dial-up killed me.

Macs can do weird things. Stupid things. A lot of stupid things. Things that would get your very annoyed. (Don't ask for an example because you shall not receive one)

In short, Get Windows (if you like it).

A Mac Laptop would cost relatively two (maybe three) times more then a cheap windows.

I am dead set(well I actually am not) on Windows because I have been using only Windows for years.

To end this discussion, get a Linux Laptop.

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

Teh heck is Linux?

Im confooz'd again DX

Posted

Linux was a joke. (Even if Linux can be awesome)

I say get a Windows. (Unless you want a Mac)