Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Virus warning

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Viruses don't just appear on your computer. You have to do something to get them.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I guess it could be real. People might take advantage of people's scepticism around this time of year to release a killer virus like that. But I'm still dubious though and I doubt it's real.

yeah, and the holocaust never happened.

There hasn't been a virus on a mac since os 8 or something. People have been trying to bug up macs for a very long time to no avail. I doubt EVERYONE with internet access would be afflicted by this figment of wary april fooled-ness, even if it were to exist, that is. And as Chameleon said, it doesn't just *POOF*.

Edited by Min (see edit history)

Posted

The thing with Macs is everything is an application, so you can just force quit if something goes wrong. For instance, those .on.nimp sites puppy up a PC, but I can just force quit Safari and it's fixed in about 2 seconds.

Posted

force quit is the poo. It's like regular quit for impatient people.

Posted

This is real, its called conficker.....wow....20 million already...

Posted

Virus? What? How? Why did I not hear about this sooner? AHH were all gonna die. << Lol over reacting.

Posted (edited)

Okay, apparently it's not a new virus, but the conficker virus is going to be given a sort of software update. You don't really have too much too much to worry about unless your computer is already infected. If your computer is infected, it will be secretly used to send spam and root out credit card information. You probably won't even notice any difference in performance.

Oh, and from what I've read, it's only infected 3 million PCs, not 20.

I'm fairly safe because my computer anti-virus software is so darn stringent, I have to give Firefox permission to use the internet after every software update.

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

Oh that's good then. It'll only steal my personal information, which I don't keep on my computer anyway.

Posted

Guys, everything about these seems like a joke to me. I was shown an article where it said some organization placed a huge "bounty on the heads of those responsible." The puppy is that? I mean, even if this is real, that totally justifies my skepticism.

Posted

D:

I turned on my computer and I had to restore it to the last on the list named "Install". I heard this virus erases all restore points before installing itself and I had installed a few things yesterday. "Install" was installed earlier today and I can't restore to any point prior to its installation.

Posted (edited)

Im sending you the fix right now...

Actually, i need our email address to send it. If you can get onto microsoft.com, dont worry. You arent infected.

Edited by Grandmaster Phoenix (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, I just realised that I couldn't be infected though. Just remembered that when I restored it, it went back to a desktop I had ages ago. And I can access microsoft.com so I'm fine.

Posted

Ok.

I found out i have it, but i disabled it long enough to get the fix from norton...

Posted

So...is this virus truly real, or just an April fool's joke? I'm still confused... :huh:

Posted

So...is this virus truly real, or just an April fool's joke? I'm still confused... :huh:

It was real, but not as big of a deal as some people made it out to be.