Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Darn economic crisis!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I though that my job was safe. I always say "No matter how bad things get, people always wanna watch movies". Well today they tell us that, even though the chance is slim a number of Blockbuster stores might close. It has to do with creditors and restructuring debt.

Posted

Good luck... I'll keep you in my thoughts...

Posted

I hope you'll keep your job, or at least are able to find another one if you lose this. You tend to have pretty good luck so I'm hoping it stays that way for the duration of this ordeal. Keep up hope though, there's nothing else you can do really.

Posted

that sucks. Good luck with all that.

Posted

My uncle got laid off...

Posted

GooooooooOooOoOoOoooOO CAPITALISM! :joy:

Posted

Oh, we are not amused, Mr. Sarcasm.

Posted

Within 2 or 6 months the economy will be destroyed... done.. (not for Europe etc though.)

At least that is what some people say... Not gonna tell about...

Posted

Within 2 or 6 months the economy will be destroyed... done.. (not for Europe etc though.)

At least that is what some people say... Not gonna tell about...

No, you have it wrong. The UK is puppyed too, you know.

Also, you're paranoid and you don't make sense. "Not gonna tell about..."

I.

Just.

Posted

My friend just came back from Ireland. He told me about this conspiracy about Obama that America is creating an "Amero." Anyone know more about this?

Posted (edited)

My friend just came back from Ireland. He told me about this conspiracy about Obama that America is creating an "Amero." Anyone know more about this?

It's just a cooky conspiracy theory cooked up in 1999. It would involve the United States, Canada and Mexico dropping their monetary systems (US dollar, Canadian Dollar and Mexican Peso) in favor of a Euro like monetary system. None of the named countries leaders have expressed any desire for a unified currency.

Edited by The Doctor (see edit history)

Posted

I though that my job was safe. I always say "No matter how bad things get, people always wanna watch movies". Well today they tell us that, even though the chance is slim a number of Blockbuster stores might close. It has to do with creditors and restructuring debt.

They've cut back on everybody's hours, but luckly were still open.

Posted

They've cut back on everybody's hours, but luckly were still open.

Ace, better to have some hours than none.

And yeah, the UK is pretty much screwed for the next decade or so. There was a Budget this week, and the govt. had a chance to sort some things out. The country is just in more debt now :(.

Posted (edited)

Ace, better to have some hours than none.

And yeah, the UK is pretty much screwed for the next decade or so. There was a Budget this week, and the govt. had a chance to sort some things out. The country is just in more debt now :(.

And having a pointless figurehead, whose a drain on the economy doesn't help either, right?

Edited by The Doctor (see edit history)

Posted

I hate this crappy economy. I'm trying to get a job, which is hard enough at my age of 14. I really don't need more competition.