Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pokemon Gold and Silver Confirmed for DS

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Remakes of Game Boy Colour classics [i]Pokemon Gold[/i] and [i]Silver[/i] will be coming to the DS.

------

[center][img]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6861/gsremake.png[/img][/center]

After hints from a Sunday morning television show in Japan, Nintendo announced that it is remaking the second generation of games in the series, according to [i]PokeBeach[/i].

[i]Heart Gold[/i] and [i]Soul Silver[/i] will be similar to the [i]Fire Red[/i] and [i]Leaf Green[/i] remakes on the Game Boy Advance, with the original quest updated with mechanics and items from later games, as well as trading with DS versions [i]Diamond[/i] and [i]Platinum[/i].

The games will be released for the tenth anniversary in Japan later this year.

Released in Europe in 2001, [i]Gold[/i] and [i]Silver[/i] went on to sell 23 million copies worldwide.

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='219816' date='May 8 2009, 11:07 AM']Remakes of Game Boy Colour classics [i]Pokemon Gold[/i] and [i]Silver[/i] will be coming to the DS.

------

[center][img]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6861/gsremake.png[/img][/center]

After hints from a Sunday morning television show in Japan, Nintendo announced that it is remaking the second generation of games in the series, according to [i]PokeBeach[/i].

[i]Heart Gold[/i] and [i]Soul Silver[/i] will be similar to the [i]Fire Red[/i] and [i]Leaf Green[/i] remakes on the Game Boy Advance, with the original quest updated with mechanics and items from later games, as well as trading with DS versions [i]Diamond[/i] and [i]Platinum[/i].

The games will be released for the tenth anniversary in Japan later this year.

Released in Europe in 2001, [i]Gold[/i] and [i]Silver[/i] went on to sell 23 million copies worldwide.[/quote]

i knew it was coming, i knew it!!! when do we (USA) get it?

Posted

Heart of Gold and Soul of Silver sounds better than Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Just putting that out there.

Posted

2nd Gen = Best
Therefore, my cold attitude towards the Pok

Posted

:( Thanks for stealing my link and text Rain.

Posted

Did I steal your story? Sorry.

But I did more than do the story. I spent a while removing the grain from the logos and making them transparent. And then it took 3 edits before I found the right size that the forum wouldn't size down. I put in the effort. :'(

But anyway, I do think that you're right that they could be better, FM. But at least they're not absolutely horrible names.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='219826' date='May 8 2009, 04:18 PM']Heart of Gold and Soul of Silver sounds better than Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Just putting that out there.[/quote]
Five bucks it'll happen during translation...
but... YES! Must get both! Although Crys has to be playable...

Posted

Crystal will probably not be remade. They did not remake Yellow when R/B were made into LG/FR

Posted

Heck yeah! My years of waiting have paid off!

Posted

... I figured that Luneth... I want it so, but I'm saying the character Crys... You play as Gold, your Rival's Silver and the Girl Character's Crys...

Posted

They had the girl available in LG/FR didn't they? They'll probably have the girl in the G/S remakes

Posted

I'm getting a little bit happier about it. Though they may screw it up by adding new pokemon to an old game, but this should be fun. I can't wait.

Posted

They have to have all the Pokemon in the game after you get the National Dex, just like every other game. You probably be able to get it after beating the Elite Four in Kanto.

Posted

I think they'll probably change the names when they're localized. I prefered Dawnsilver and Duskgold.

Posted

Those names sound an incredible amount better.