Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule & Earth

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought that this would be really interesting to discuss.

How does the land of Hyrule (or Termina, etc) relate to our own Earth? Is it on a different planet, a different solar system, a moon; or just Earth itself from a different time?

I, personally, have always natually imagined the world of Hyrule to be on Earth in about the 1000-1200s AD. What does everyone else think?

Posted

It's a virtual world inside a game in relation to our reality.

Posted

Hyrule is on Hyrule Planet, much like how Middle Earth is on Middle Earth and Aleglasia is on Aleglasia Planet. If there's no reason to believe Earth and the fictional realm coexist, then they probably don't.

Posted

Why is this in the theories section again?

Also, listen to Slagr. He is most wise.

Posted

Moving.

Also, I don't know how the current earth could relate. Slagr is probably correct, except Hyrule is not in and of itself, the entire world. Places explored in OoX were most likely on the same planet, and on the off chance that Termina is a neighboring country, then that is also a different domain.

Nitpicking a bit.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It does relate to Earth. Hyrule was created by Nintendo. Nintendo was formed and live on Earth.

Posted

Hyrule is on Hyrule Planet, much like how Middle Earth is on Middle Earth and Aleglasia is on Aleglasia Planet. If there's no reason to believe Earth and the fictional realm coexist, then they probably don't.

You know what would be amazing? If you actually spelled "Alagaesia" correctly. I've never heard of "Aleglasia" before.

Posted

It does relate to Earth. Hyrule was created by Nintendo. Nintendo was formed and live on Earth.

This kind of logic is what kills people.

Posted

Now that I think about it, there's still more to the world that Hyrule and Termina are on. There's a lot more that could be done.

I smell an RPG reminiscent of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...

Or at least I could wish they would make one...

Posted

Ew.

Posted

As much as I love Oblivion, it wouldn't mix well with Zelda. Zelda, at its core, is a simple story of good conquering evil. If you muddle it with the ability to become evil and fill it with immense amounts of sidequests, you'll completely ruin the Zelda experience. Also, the gameplay differences are night and day. Oblivion is fun, but it isn't Zelda.

Posted

As much as I love Oblivion, it wouldn't mix well with Zelda. Zelda, at its core, is a simple story of good conquering evil. If you muddle it with the ability to become evil and fill it with immense amounts of sidequests, you'll completely ruin the Zelda experience. Also, the gameplay differences are night and day. Oblivion is fun, but it isn't Zelda.

Actually, I think that if it was made correctly, it would be a huge success. I would like it, for I like those kinds of games. Now people who don't like those kinds of games and/or don't like this idea, would probably just not get it, being the stubborn people they are (for not wanting to try new things).

I am certain that there were and are many things people said wouldn't work and did and became huge successes.

Posted

We all have different opinions.

Posted

A long time ago...

In a Galaxy far far away....

Zelda_Logo.jpg

Posted

OMG!!!! GANON IS LINK'S FATHER!?!?!