Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Breaking News: Long awaited Typity.com launches!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Typity is a FREE service for typing notes or lists and storing them online in one place. Using categories and individual note files you can easily organize your notes, to-do lists, grocery lists, and other textual information. Typity aims to provide a secure system that's EASY to use and FAST, even on the go.

If you're like me and you like to keep lists of things to do, websites, thoughts, ideas, or anything else, Typity is the place for you. The next version, Version 1.1 will add the ability to collaborate and share notes for editing. I designed Typity for myself at first and realized that if I need a website like this, maybe others do too! I use it myself. Screenshot after the jump.

Fully functions in all major browsers though it looks the worst in Internet Explorer (aka a webmaster's worst enemy). iPhone optimized version coming soon.

[url="http://www.typity.com"]Typity.com - Take notes, make lists, organize thoughts. Typity it anywhere.[/url]

------

Screenshot:

[img]http://www.typity.com/images/screenshot1.png[/img]

Posted

Oh wow, this is really cool!

I can update notes in a Notepad format and save them to the internet for nobody to see? Ever?

This is revolutionary, Dustin!

I definitely couldn't do [i]this[/i] by any other means. No sir.

Still though, could come in useful... I guess.

Posted

Very nice I've been waiting for it :) I will make good use of this nice service!

Posted

:o no spaces in usernames? Why. What is up with people and spaces. Is it a technical issue? D:

Other than that, pretty cool! :D

Posted

Coolio! I've always used Google Docs for this purpose, but I like it. I might switch to it. :'D

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='223968' date='May 30 2009, 04:44 AM']Oh wow, this is really cool!

I can update notes in a Notepad format and save them to the internet for nobody to see? Ever?

This is revolutionary, Dustin!

I definitely couldn't do [i]this[/i] by any other means. No sir.

Still though, could come in useful... I guess.[/quote]

You are very mean. Typity is unique. The most similar solutions to this are such a mess that editing a single note requires going through SEVERAL pages and tons of clicks. Typity is designed to be fast and easy unlike the similar existing solutions. Why would you insult this like that? Do you just like bringing [s]people[/s] your friends down?

Also, the ability to share notes for viewing or editing is the next feature I'm adding.

Posted

Does it Work on DSi?

Posted

it does.

Posted

[quote name='Dustin' post='223997' date='May 30 2009, 07:00 PM']You are very mean. Typity is unique. The most similar solutions to this are such a mess that editing a single note requires going through SEVERAL pages and tons of clicks. Typity is designed to be fast and easy unlike the similar existing solutions.[/quote]
I organise my documents correctly; this is not a problem for someone such as myself.

But okay.[i] Some[/i] people can find a use for it, I guess.

I just have my methods.

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='224014' date='May 30 2009, 01:46 PM']I organise my documents correctly; this is not a problem for someone such as myself.

But okay.[i] Some[/i] people can find a use for it, I guess.

I just have my methods.[/quote]

If you were the type of person that went to places where you needed access to your notes, it would be useful. Places such as schools, college, friend's houses. You cannot easily access your notes while away from home.

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='224014' date='May 30 2009, 08:46 PM']okay.[i] Some[/i] people can find a use for it, I guess.[/quote]

Posted

Also works well if you have multiple computers / things that access the internet.

Posted

I would expect so, yes.

I must get something pocket sized to try it out with now. :D

Posted

You can now share notes with friends. I could say nice things about rain in a note and share it with you all.

Posted

Hey...
Not a bad Idea at all....

Nice job Dustin! :D

Thanks! :o

Adr990