So I bought a 360...

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, so I bought a 360 the other day (Yes, and I still dont have a Wii Either...) and have since decided to get some games for it, Im kinda new to it so I dont know THAT many good games. However several of my close friends & my brother have 360s too, so I can simply borrow games off them instead of buying them. So, Im looking for good games that I havnt heard of and should check out.

I already have access to the following games via my friends:

Halo (1,2,3)

GTA IV

Bioshock

Gears of War (1,2)

Fable 3

Oblivion

Orange box

Fear (1,2)

i'll be checking out all suggestions, I generally like ALL games, but im a big fan of scary or horror themed games like fear, bioshock. I also love RPGs like oblivion.

Also, a newbie question, What do i need to play games online?

Posted (edited)

Just a sec here...

OH YEAH!!! AWESOME.

Alright.

It depends on what you use to connect to the internet. You need money for an XBL account. If you use a router, and your TV and computer are close enough to each other, you'll need a Cat5 cable. Just get an extremely long one if your TV is far away from your computer.

If you use a wireless network, be prepared to fork out 100 bucks for a wireless card.

I'll certainly play Fable 2, Halo 3, Gears of War 1 and 2(2's mostly broken, though), and GTAIV as soon as I can get my GT changed to Jo-Bengt.

Also, if you ever play Halo 3 online, be sure to assassinate anyone who has "ninja" in their GT and shake your head over their bodies.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

I recommend:

Resident Evil 5

Call of Duty 4

Prototype

Left 4 Dead

Posted

Fable 3? Do you mean Fable 2?

Anyway, I recommend Fable the lost chapters if you haven't beat it b4, it's an original xbox game, but you can get it at gamestop/ gamecrazy for 10 bucks, or even from xbox live for like $10.

Then I recommend

RE5

Fallout 3

Prototype

Overlord 2

Assassin's Creed

GTA 4

Soul Calibur 4

Posted (edited)

Alrighty, Zuzu. Your best bet would be an ethernet cable, if you can connect your internet and Xbox simultaneously. Wired connections are far superior to wireless, but wireless isn't that bad. Wired is cheaper, though.

You also need a gold membership. Each new Xbox has like, three free gold memberships. Click the middle button and go to "create gamertag" or something. They each last for a month.

I recommend, in no particular order:

Fallout 3, Oblivion

Halo 3

CoD: Modern Warfare

CoD: World at War (Inferior to Modern Warfare)

F.E.A.R. 2 (Don't worry, even though it's scary, it's amazing. Especially if you get absorbed into games.)

Orange Box

Prototype (If you've played Spiderman 2 or whatever Hulk game Activision came out with, they're the same. They're even based in New York. Activision recycles engines sooo much. I think the original engine was from the Minority Report or something. It's not a bad game, but the engine is sooooooooooooo uuuuuuuuuuuuused. Holly jolly Jesus.)

Resident Evil 5 (Though if you're used to RE4's controls, this game will make you SOOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYYYYYYY. Also, play with a friend. Your partner's AI sucks. I'm telling you, there's no other way.)

I will not recommend Gears of War. You see, the bullets you shoot don't do any damage themselves. It just depends on whether or not you're aiming at whatever you shoot when you pull the trigger. This is confusing. :( I also thinks it's hilarious all your gameplay is based on chest-high walls. Chest-high walls are seriously like some otherworldly entity. If there is not a chest-high wall, nature will literally provide one for you. Also, the characters have obnoxious cocky personalities and are all burly men with bodies the size of small trucks.

Those are the good games I've played.

Get F.E.A.R., though. The first was good back in the day, but compared to modern FPS's, it's not that great. The second one, oh ho ho, is amazing.

Also, F.E.A.R. Files was recently labeled fan garbage. Don't get it. It's not part of the official series and is inferior to F.E.A.R. 1.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Gears will PISS YOU OFF when you shoot someone in the face with the sniper, the bullet doesn't kill them, yet you see the bullet go through their head and you see the bullet hole in the wall 2 centimeters behind the head.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

If you're a fan of horror games, check out the Condemned series, it's pretty creepy. Left 4 Dead is probably one of the best zombie themed games out there, too, so check that out. (you can play it with friends, too-in fact, the game is based around multiplayer) The sequel is coming out this November though, so if I were you I'd probably just rent it or borrow it from friends until then.

Edited by Sol (see edit history)

Posted

Just a sec here...

OH YEAH!!! AWESOME.

Alright.

It depends on what you use to connect to the internet. You need money for an XBL account. If you use a router, and your TV and computer are close enough to each other, you'll need a Cat5 cable. Just get an extremely long one if your TV is far away from your computer.

If you use a wireless network, be prepared to fork out 100 bucks for a wireless card.

I'll certainly play Fable 2, Halo 3, Gears of War 1 and 2(2's mostly broken, though), and GTAIV as soon as I can get my GT changed to Jo-Bengt.

Also, if you ever play Halo 3 online, be sure to assassinate anyone who has "ninja" in their GT and shake your head over their bodies.

Thanks.. Yeah they are really close together. I got a good set up in my room =) Ill check out Cat5 cables.. Im not fussed on wireless, wired is more stable + easier to set up, plus I can just run the cable behind all my stuff just like all my other cables.

I recommend:

Resident Evil 5

Call of Duty 4

Prototype

Left 4 Dead

Thanks, I completley forgot RE5, L4D & CoD4. I am already big fans of them, but need to get my hands on a copy of them. Cheers. I'll check out prototype too.

Fable 3? Do you mean Fable 2?

Anyway, I recommend Fable the lost chapters if you haven't beat it b4, it's an original xbox game, but you can get it at gamestop/ gamecrazy for 10 bucks, or even from xbox live for like $10.

Then I recommend

RE5

Fallout 3

Prototype

Overlord 2

Assassin's Creed

GTA 4

Soul Calibur 4

Hahaha actually I meant Fallout 3 not fable 3 =) im silly. But i'll check out Fable 2 aswell. I know overlord 1, is #2 much different? Assassins Creed was OK.. I got like 3/4 through then got bored. I'll check out Soul Caliber aswell.

Alrighty, Zuzu. Your best bet would be an ethernet cable, if you can connect your internet and Xbox simultaneously. Wired connections are far superior to wireless, but wireless isn't that bad. Wired is cheaper, though.

You also need a gold membership. Each new Xbox has like, three free gold memberships. Click the middle button and go to "create gamertag" or something. They each last for a month.

I recommend, in no particular order:

Fallout 3, Oblivion

Halo 3

CoD: Modern Warfare

CoD: World at War (Inferior to Modern Warfare)

F.E.A.R. 2 (Don't worry, even though it's scary, it's amazing. Especially if you get absorbed into games.)

Orange Box

Prototype (If you've played Spiderman 2 or whatever Hulk game Activision came out with, they're the same. They're even based in New York. Activision recycles engines sooo much. I think the original engine was from the Minority Report or something. It's not a bad game, but the engine is sooooooooooooo uuuuuuuuuuuuused. Holly jolly Jesus.)

Resident Evil 5 (Though if you're used to RE4's controls, this game will make you SOOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYYYYYYY. Also, play with a friend. Your partner's AI sucks. I'm telling you, there's no other way.)

I will not recommend Gears of War. You see, the bullets you shoot don't do any damage themselves. It just depends on whether or not you're aiming at whatever you shoot when you pull the trigger. This is confusing. :( I also thinks it's hilarious all your gameplay is based on chest-high walls. Chest-high walls are seriously like some otherworldly entity. If there is not a chest-high wall, nature will literally provide one for you. Also, the characters have obnoxious cocky personalities and are all burly men with bodies the size of small trucks.

Those are the good games I've played.

Get F.E.A.R., though. The first was good back in the day, but compared to modern FPS's, it's not that great. The second one, oh ho ho, is amazing.

Also, F.E.A.R. Files was recently labeled fan garbage. Don't get it. It's not part of the official series and is inferior to F.E.A.R. 1.

Sahaqiel

Thanks for the internet advice, I'll look into it.. I liked the Call of Duty games, but I thought World at war was the superior game - not in terms of storyline (since neither game had much of one) or action (since both are about equal) but simply because W@W had Zombie Nazis on it. I love that game =)

As for F.E.A.R. well im playing that right now and I thought it'd be amazing but its not THAT great. Its ok but I find its 'scares' predictable. I'll give Fear 2 a go though. Yeah Gears of War was only OK. i beat #1 not long ago with a friend.

If you're a fan of horror games, check out the Condemned series, it's pretty creepy. Left 4 Dead is probably one of the best zombie themed games out there, too, so check that out. (you can play it with friends, too-in fact, the game is based around multiplayer) The sequel is coming out this November though, so if I were you I'd probably just rent it or borrow it from friends until then.

Ok I've heard of it, I'll check out Condemned too. that out too :) Love L4D. I only wish it was 4P compatible, since there is 1 human + 3 AIs.

I also forgot to mention I have my birthday coming up soon so I can request these games as presents and hopefully i'll get lucky ;) Thanks for all your replies! if you think of anymore please let me know.

Posted

I don't have CoD4(wish I did), and my CoD WaW is on PC. We can own it up on Halo 3, though.

I know I have it, Saha has it, you have it, Silent has it but he doesn't have XBL, and I'm hoping that Zeldafancs has it. If Zeldafancs has it, that's a team of four right there. Then we need to get Silent to get his XBL back, and we need to get Rain to get a 360 and become interested in Halo 3 or CoD 4 or something to that extent.

Hyrule.net XBL Clan, anyone?

Posted

Well, all I'd add to the existing lists is Battlefield: Bad Company. The single player is decent (which is more than you can say for other Battlefield games), but the multiplayer is wonderful. The Frostbite engine is pretty good, and the fact that you can't just hide behind walls is amazing.

I recommend Left 4 Dead as well, as it's a lot of fun to play with other people. The Orange Box is one of the best things you can have, as it has Team Fortress 2, which is also a lot of fun, and Portal, which was pretty fantastic. Call of Duty games aren't bad either.

Posted

I hope that BF:BC 2's destructibility is as good as Red Faction: Guerrilla's.

Posted (edited)

If you're a fan of games where you blow stuff up and kill lots of people, with a free-roaming "do whatever you want" style of gameplay, I'd recommend you check out Prototype. I own it for PC, but I'm pretty sure it's for 360 and PS3 as well.

The best way for me to compare it to another game would be GTAIV meets Spiderman 3, except Spiderman 3 if you were Carnage, heh.

**Another, if you're a Star Wars fan, check out Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Very fun :) Oh and Resident Evil 5 makes a good co-op game for you and a friend if you're into those kind of games too. :D

EDIT: Crap, Zeldafancs mentioned a few of mine already... BUT to answer your "how to play online" question, you buy yourself a XBox Live Gold Membership card. It's just like buying a Wii Point card; you can buy a subscription online, or you can find the time cards in gaming stores (EBGames, Future Shop, Wal-mart, etc). If you've only got a Silver Membership, that only enables you to use your XBox Live Points to download content for games you own, or game demos/full arcade games, etc.

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

Crackdown is essentially the same as mixing GTA with FSCKING UBER POWER, as well. It's a fun game, and it has co-op. You can also get it for under 20 bucks. The demo has co-op as well. Check it out if you get the chance.

Lol, I remember playing the demo's co-op with a friend. I killed him while he was away and started carrying his body "to safetey." I literally carried it back to the embassy garage, where you spawn in the beginning(it's also where you respawn if you choose to regenerate after you die. Your dead body disappears, though).

Posted

I suggest...

Umm...

What they did. The only game I want for 360 is Halo 3.

Seriously... I need a 360 DX

How much did it cost?

Posted

Ryu: I think they're 200, 300, and 400 bucks.