Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Metroid Prime Help

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Warning!: Contains spoilers regarding the ending to Metroid Prime for the Nintendo GameCube. Read with caution.

So, I finally made it to the end of the game, or, at leas I think I did. I beat Meta Ridley and got to the Impact Crater area, I fought my way through a bunch of mutant Metroids, and then went through this door where a giant black-armor plated monstrosity from hell dropped from the cieling and busted through a wall. Being the total Badarse that I am, I ran after it shooting plasma. Unfortunately, it returned fire and nearly blew me away.

After a battle that lasted roughly 45 minutes, I defeated the son of a gun, and it fell through the floor.

BUT DARN IT ALL!!! IT ONLY SHED IT'S ARMOR!!!! DX

Sigh....

So, I stood in the plasma and used my Phazon Beam, like I was surposed to, you know. And since I only had 2 containers of energy left and about 17 in the currently being-used one, I figured I was kinda screwed. Thanks to my amazingly sucky dodging skills I survived long enough to get it's health about a quarter of the way down before It melted my face off.

I need some extreme tips on defeating Metroid Prime, if you can help, I'll be glad. If your advice helps me prevail, I may send you some rupees.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

Here's a tip for the second form... Watch when it starts to rear back the tentacles, then time your double-jump right. When it makes Phazon pools, roll in morph ball form, plant a Power Bomb, then come up and start blasting Metroid Prime after the power bomb has rid you of the annoying Metroids.

You probably took a while to figure out about the polarity thing if you said you went in blasting plasma... Keep repeatedly strafing and staying back. When it closes its armor, its about to charge, so go into morph ball and roll into the little paths they have on the floor. remember that strafing is your friend. BIG TIME.

Posted

Okay, thanks.

Umm...

Any tips on how to get past all the mutant Metroids without using all my power bombs? :embarrassed:

Posted

This is the best I could find. Hope it helps :)

Posted (edited)

Dude, it'd be best to just use them. Metroid Prime's final form can only be damaged by Phazon, so your power bombs are next to useless against it if you don't use them against the Metroids. You can try to use your Ice Spreader against teh Metroids and Hunter Metroids, but Fission Metroids? Definitely power bombs.

...or did you not get all the upgrades that you could in the game?

If you mean the ones in the core while running to Metroid Prime... I just run past the mostly.

Edited by Stormsworder (see edit history)

Posted

I've never needed to shoot at the smaller metroids it spawns immediately. I just hit them with the phazon beam.

Posted

Well, if you save the Phazon beam for just Metroid Prime, then he goes down quicker.

Posted

In the first form, I just kept alternating beams to whatever beam color it displayed at the time. Once the shell is destroyed, you fight the core, where all you have to do is alternate the visors so you can see the MP; you can kill the metroids and hunter metroids that come out by freezing them (no need to charge) and then blowin them up with a missle or whatever. The fusion ones are better off killed with power bombs, as said above. Once MP drops the phazon puddles, stand in it and fire away. The phazon also works great against any metroids coming after you while you're firing on MP.

Keep this up and the doggiepoo'll be dead in no time :)

Posted

This is the best I could find. Hope it helps :)

Thanks, that thing really helped.

Yeah, the big room where the Missile Station is and all the platforms that lead to Metroid Prime is where I use them all, unfortunately, they're practically endless. DX So I try to run past, but they knock me down. Quite annoying actually.

Posted

YES! I win. With four whole energy containers left. ^__^

Thanks for the help people. The one about the morph ball and rolling into the holes really helped.

This topic can now be closed. Thanks! :D

Posted

Closed.

I really wanted Corrupt one to be here to help you D:

(He would have given a tip far better than the others...possibly.... :unsure:)

But alas, he was out of town.