Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bulbin Biology

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Great idea!

Well, I don't think that the guys down at the Zelda labs would have put much more thought than Male and Female, so I'm voting that they're just like any other species of anything.

Posted (edited)

They're like dwarf men and women. You can't really tell until you get them out of their clothes.

I should be shot for this.

Edited by Oh Noes (see edit history)

Posted

What are you talking about...? Don't you remember Gimli saying that there were no female dwarves? |D

Posted

Nah, he just wasn't entitely sure if there were any mroe or not, because they all look and sound the same. lol.

Posted

My, that was quick.

When considering the anatomy of Bulbins and other monsters, we have to keep two things in mind:

1. The designers probly didn't put that much thought into it.

2. We'd never be able to tell anything with King Bulbin's big gut the way it is.

On the subject of dwarves; say weren't there dwarves in ALttP? Where are they now? We've seen Yetis and hog riding Orc-ish-Moblin-things, but where are the dwarves? I smell conspiricy....

On monster reproduction: they seem to spawn from no where, and come back just as before. And they burst into cloud of fire and smoke when killed. Also, monsters were said to be created by Bellum. Of corse, we've seen monsters giveing birth on their own, and Gohma is claimed to be the "mother of all arthropods". There is clearly somthing unnatural at work here. These creatures seem to be different from the more civilised beings such as the Gorons and Hylains. But what of the Bulbins? They can builed, think, feel, love, bleed in spurts....

Purhaps they reproduce just as anything does, two making one and looseing all reason as soon as they hit puberty. Or maybe they are fruit of far more sinister labors....

Posted

I think you're thinking farther than Nintendo has. Also, I don't think that Bellum thing is true. At least, if it is, it doesn't apply to other games. We'll need written proof from the game to tell.

Posted

Alright. Let's get a Bulbin drunk and see if it's male or female.

Posted

I think maybe Ganny uses his Triforce of Power to create these Moblins/Bulbins/Bokoblins, which would exlain why they 'spawn'. Or maybe he turns regular people into monsters, so you couldn't tell the gender.

Posted

Very likely. He's done that before.

Posted

Uhm.

Moving.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Or! Ganondorf is just such a badass that all lesser evil beings bow to him. If you're craving death and destruction, who better to follow than the guy with the Triforce of Power bound to the back of his hand?

Hell, Ganny could probably use his dark magics to make the monsters do his bidding anyway. Wasn't Volvagia of OoT just a resident of the hottest part of Death Mountain before Ganondorf "corrupted" him to attack/eat the Gorons?

Posted

Alright. Let's get a Bulbin drunk and see if it's male or female.

OMG! XD

Hell, Ganny could probably use his dark magics to make the monsters do his bidding anyway. Wasn't Volvagia of OoT just a resident of the hottest part of Death Mountain before Ganondorf "corrupted" him to attack/eat the Gorons?

Volvagia was dead, the Hero of the Gorons defeated him with a Legendary Hammer, Ganondorf resurrected him and bound him to his will. Volvagia was trapped in that one room, but was trying to escape, as before when almost all of Hyrule was barren because of him. Ganondorf was going to feed all the Gorons to him to keep the other races from rebelling too, but Link ended that.

GO GORONS!!

Posted

I dont think there are any females since they just appear also they make the same noise when you kill them I think so if there are any females there voices arent very different from males.

Posted

They're like dwarf men and women.

Hey. you've played WoW so you should know that dwarfs look like they're gender.

Back on subject: the bublin women are never shown. they're like the Urgls from Eragon. The men are viscous and the women are much more nice.

Posted

I believe in the past, Nintendo has made female enemies quite powerful or skilled, an therefore respected (the Gerudo women, for example) so I have a feeling they were aiming for male when they designed Bulbin. ^^;;

And then again, most enemies seem genderless because of Ganny. xD;;