Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wiki Beta

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Check out our new and upcoming Zelda Wiki located at http://www.hyrule.net/wiki/

This is brand new so feel free to add content, edit, and enjoy!

Posted

Good idea! :) I'll write something for it. :lol:

Where can I submit the articles?

Posted

Hey, I like wikis and I have been trying to clean up broken or lost links, It might take a while...

But I can't seem to make the reflist template work, I have copied the one from Wikipedia and several other templates, but it still wont work.

Dustin, as an admin, can you look into this, since the Twilight Pricess page, copied from the Wikipedia site has <ref> tags all over place and it is looking rather distorted.

Also people need to start working on creating articles that are linked in the Twilight Pricess article, but don't exist.

Posted

Good idea! :) I'll write something for it. :lol:

Where can I submit the articles?

Make an account in the wiki, log in, and make a search for the article you want to make. If an article has not yet been made on that subject, feel free to do so. If there is an article already, feel free to add what you can to it.

Remember to keep things factual. If you have speculation that you wish to add about a subject, please place it under a heading entitled "Thoughts of the Sages", at the end of the article (but before references).

Just as a heads-up to dustin: the "Thoughts of the Sages" thing is a brainchild of mine, before you wonder about it. If you don't like it, then go ahead and get rid of it - it's only in the "Tingle" and 'Legend of Link" articles so far, as well as in a notice on the main page. The main page notice gives the "Tingle" article as an example, but feel free to change my format, as I admit it's not great.

I can't wait to see this wiki blossom into something great :D

Posted

This may sound noobish, but can somebody explain how the Wiki works? :embarrassed:

Are there any sections in wich the articles should go? For example, if I wrote and article about Zant, where should I put it?

Posted

it's like wikipedia... but for zelda... you put articles on stuff about zelda idk if you can do other stuff...

i have fixed the broken linkfor twilight princess... about the nintendo power under music it goes to the subsciption for the issue that comes with the free soundtrack and guide

Posted

added some stuff on OoT, legend of link, and zelda.

and gametap, why are you copying from wikipedia? I thought this was a community project, not copy and paste <_<

Posted

That's awesome! How can you have your own wiki?! I want one for my site! XD

-... I hope no one minds if I create somewhat incomplete (but accurate) articles. That way at least there's something to build off of. I just don't want to make the whole thing immediately.

Posted

I'm not good with stuff like that, so I won't submit any articles. I wanted to, though...

Posted

The thoughts of the sages is a good idea, but widespread speculation over a topic should be mentioned as widespread speculation, wheras individual views can be added by individuals, probabbly a good idea to only allow one per person per page though.

Posted

Didn't you kind of take this idea from Zeldauniverse.net ? :unsure:

Posted

Didn't you kind of take this idea from Zeldauniverse.net ? :unsure:

That seems kind of unfair. It's not like wikis are new, so it's pretty hard to accuse him of stealing the idea.

Posted

Will people stop copying articles from Wikipedia! :angry:

It creates irrelevent categories, the links are over-worded because Wikipedia is not Zelda-specific, and it takes ages to change everything. I am trying desperately to make the pages look good, but when it is trying to get pictures which don't exist, things look messed up. Also the ref system doesn't work on the HyruleWiki, so the references are done there and then instead of down at the bottom, where they are supposed to be. :angry:

This is a Zelda Forum, I'm sure we can all produce a decent article on every bit on the Zelda universe.

On a less angry note, I am creating a fan fiction template, all you have to do is put {{fanfic|<authourname>}} (replace <authourname> with your name/pseudonym) at the beginning of the article and put your story afterwards. It will be categorized appropriately and hopefully cause less confusion. It will also create a link to your user pager, so i suggest, so you may wish to edit your user page (assuming that you have created an account). The account can be located at User:<yourusername>.

Posted

That seems kind of unfair. It's not like wikis are new, so it's pretty hard to accuse him of stealing the idea.

Yeah, your right. . .

I'm sorry Dustin. . . :embarrassed:

Posted

I am guilty of copying the Tingle article from Wikipedia, but I did take a half-hour or so to heavily edit it, and will continue to do so over the next while. I'll also make sure to create articles (or at least stubs) for the pages the Tingle article links to.