Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii Vitality Sensor To Launch In 2010

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hah. Probably. xD

Posted

Maybe could be used in conjunction with a Resident evil game... Something scares you, your hear heart beats in the game, a pulsating border... You have to take time to calm down, in theory, but you may not have time to, considering some situations. If your heart beat gets too high, your character/model response time is quicker, but the aiming is skewed, vision/screen starts to blur.

Just a though, but I think in any case, it's a cool addition that could add some interesting gameplay features to up and coming titles.

Posted

I honestly can't believe we're being serious. It's a f*cking hospital tool, and we're talking about gaming with it. Step back a moment and see how completely stupid that sounds.

Posted

I sure wasn't serious.... :/

Posted

You weren't, but others were.

Posted

[quote name='Lionheart' date='13 August 2009 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1250222946' post='246689']
I honestly can't believe we're being serious. It's a f*cking hospital tool, and we're talking about gaming with it. Step back a moment and see how completely stupid that sounds.
[/quote]

I think it's hilarious you're getting completely worked up over this. Maybe you have a point, but the reality is, this thing is coming out, so why don't you look at the glass half full?

Posted

My experience shows that you shouldn't be too judgmental of products that aren't out yet. We might be pleasantly surprised. Or not. Who can say?

Posted

I'm fine with being judgmental on this particular product and subject. I'm completely opposed to it, because it caters to the casual crowd, whom I despise. My mother is a casual gamer, and Nintendo would rather see that she gets her video games than see that I get mine.

Actually, to be honest, it's more catering to my grandmother, who doesn't even play games.

Posted

[quote name='Lionheart' date='13 August 2009 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1250225876' post='246701']
I'm fine with being judgmental on this particular product and subject. I'm completely opposed to it, because it caters to the casual crowd, whom I despise. My mother is a casual gamer, and Nintendo would rather see that she gets her video games than see that I get mine.

Actually, to be honest, it's more catering to my grandmother, who doesn't even play games.
[/quote]

i think this: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=282 applies.

Posted

[quote name='Stormsworder' date='13 August 2009 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1250185829' post='246544']
Illbleed for the Wii. :D
[/quote]

That's actually the first thing that came to my mind as well while I was reading this. It would be sweet if they remade it for the Wii, or better yet a sequal for it would be great too. Definitaly one of the more underappreciated Dreamcast games.

Well there was this one game for the PC that required that you had a steady heart rate if you wanted to pass it's challenges. I forgot what it was called, but the same things could apply for newer games for the Wii. I would think that It would bring a whole new level to horror games as well though.

Ah, and you are talking about ''Autonomic'', not ''Automatic''. There's a really good article for it here if you don't know what it does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomic_nervous_system

Personally I want to see what kind of things they're going to do with this before bashing on it.

Posted

Wow, I'm not the only one here who knows about Illbleed then?

About time. ><

Posted

[quote name='Stormsworder' date='14 August 2009 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1250273526' post='246813']
Wow, I'm not the only one here who knows about Illbleed then?

About time. ><
[/quote]

Haha I treasure that game. it took forever to hunt down a copy of it.

My favorite movie in that game was still ''WoodPuppets''. Just the fact that you have to turn your characters into wooden puppets to proceed was...disturbing, but equally awesome. Also awesome was ''The Homerun of Death.'' Hilarious stuff.

Another game that comes to mind as well is Clock Tower. In the Clock Tower games if anything comes after you, you lose stamina, or ''fear'' as the game puts it. If that drops to red (I'm talking about the original SNES one and the 2 PS1 versions, not the stupid PS2 one), your character is more prone to falling over and not being able to think rationally. Switch that to your heart rate, and think of how easy or hard the game could be depending on how easily scared you get.

That would be sweet stuff.

Posted

Ohoho, some new Clocktower inbreed? Crap, just looked at the post above me. Damn you, you beat me to it.

Posted

[quote name='Vio Milanor' date='15 August 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1250387979' post='247201']
Ohoho, some new Clocktower inbreed? Crap, just looked at the post above me. Damn you, you beat me to it.
[/quote]

Sorry about that. Besides Illbleed it out be another good idea. If we did get a remake or new game for Clock Tower, it would be real cool if it utilized this.