Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The REAL reason people use IE6

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Good point, YLA.

^I'm thinking someone is going to quote that in their signature or something.

Anyways, it's not that you're completely biased; you still have some bias against Firefox, because you've no reason to call it the worst browser when you haven't tried much worse browsers even worse than IE.

It's more than you're uninformed, more than anything.

Sahaqiel

Posted

What ever gives you that idea, Saha? o_o.gif

Posted

Good point, YLA.

^I'm thinking someone is going to quote that in their signature or something.

Anyways, it's not that you're completely biased; you still have some bias against Firefox, because you've no reason to call it the worst browser when you haven't tried much worse browsers even worse than IE.

It's more than you're uninformed, more than anything.

Sahaqiel

Ok well how about it's the worst browser I've used so far. The only other one I've tried is Opera and it's on my DSi so judging it from a DSi isn't as far, but as far as I can tell everyone and every place I've been to has had IE or FF.

Posted

The reason I like Firefox is because it's so similar to Internet Explorer but works more effectively. No clutter, nothing unnecessary, just a good damn browser. Google Chrome is too flashy and lags me, as is Safari. Firefox takes the cake. For some reason whenever a popup appeared my Internet Explorer would crash when trying to open a new window, so I really had no choice but to turn to Firefox. And I'm bloody glad I did.

Posted (edited)

lol Vio.

Anyway, YLA, seriously, in almost every aspect, Firefox pretty much beats IE as far as I'm concerned. Load times don't count since I have a bunch of add-ons. It used to load pretty close to a two or three seconds after clicking it for me, before the add-ons. Internet Explorer, for which I have no add-ons because Internet Explorer seems hellbent against people wanting to make it improve, (Another point: Internet Explorer is reportedly also unfriendly towards add-on makers. As in, it's hard to make add-ons for) takes multiple minutes for me when I'm running anything more complicated than Notepad.

I suggest trying Firefox again, and actually using it for awhile. It's like everything else. You just need to get used to it before you see its true merits, like Vista. Only, it wasn't so much getting used to it than it was program developers making their stuff compatible.

It just runs so smoothly compared to Internet Explorer.

Also, someone said that FF needed to be a bit darker or something.

There are some pretty cool skins you can get for it.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

WHATWHATWHATWHAT? D: Nooo, you'd actually not mind losing me? :c

That would narrow down the amount of people that will come visit the site though. ;D

I am using FF just to visit this site. I learned how to run it off of a Flash Drive. It's pretty easy. :D

Posted

I suggest trying Firefox again, and actually using it for awhile. It's like everything else. You just need to get used to it before you see its true merits, like Vista. Only, it wasn't so much getting used to it than it was program developers making their stuff compatible.

My parents won't let me download it though.

Posted

I use IE. It has everything I need. Tabs and internet :)

Posted

I use IE. It has everything I need. Tabs and internet :)

But it doesn't have... AdBlockPlus!?

Posted

This topic is void. No one uses IE6 anymore. Unless they haven't touched their internet in 6 months.

Posted

Oh wow, necro post.

Of course, only 65+ / noobs / Microsoft nerds like to use IE at all.

I just install FireFox or Chrome at school. :D I should suggest something so the school has it as standard.

Posted

lol all the computers at my school have IE and Firefox, I use FF most of the time, but I have to use IE when im on a page that needs certain plug-ins :|

But when im not at school, i use Firefox, and only firefox, its just better to me

Posted

Of course it is better in long period usage.

Though you indeed can have problems with Firefox not been recognized to use plug-ins installed on the PC, which IE can find. If it's not installed correctly. I have that problem at the moment.

But using a Portable Firefox with Java installed on same USB seems to work. :) Also for portable Office etc.

Have you tried Chrome yet?

It's faster if you want to start the browser.

But once loaded Firefox, its faster loading pages etc over all. For me. (Having add-ons installed.)

Posted

IE is still way better. Even on this new computer it still can not live up to IE. xD

Posted

I use Chrome, since Firefox started being extremely slow for me. And don't even get me started with IE... Ugh.