Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A new outlook

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I think you misunderstood the changes I was referring to. I wasn't referring to becoming more social or anything like that, but rather how I look at the past. I've had a problem with lingering on things I can't change, so now I'm trying to care less about things that are out of my control and even get some humour out of them.

I mentioned the Comedian because his outlook was that everything was a joke. The difference between his outlook and the one I'm describing is that the one I'm describing doesn't mean that you don't care about other people.

Posted

I do view almost everything bad that happens to me as a joke. My own inadequacies, my personal issues, the situation at hand. It's quite funny when everything's gone wrong if you can make fun of it. I often joke about how I'm going to die lonely.

For other people, however, I try to fit the mood for empathy.

It's always better when you're laughing with other people.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Oh, believe me, the part about empathy did not come from the movie, nor the graphic novel.

I know. smart man, that shadow knight.

I should really get aroudn to seeing that movie.

Posted

The Comedian was murdered alone after he had a breakdown. The breakdown came from his empathy.

Moral of the story: Don't give a puppy.

Posted

The Comedian was murdered alone after he had a breakdown. The breakdown came from his empathy.

wait, what? explain this to me :P