Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gender Stereotypes

134 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sorry Jo. I dont know what happened.

Posted

Hideki, what, exactly, are you referring to in that post? Did you post in the wrong topic or something?

But Chameleon, it's sort of the same as how guys at my school can't have bookbags, yet girls can carry purses. It's also like how, as I pointed out earlier, girls at my school don't have to tuck their shirts in, yet guys do.

Posted

I'm not being a jerkface, oh benevolent Sahaqiel. If gender roles really do lead to a more successful family, then shouldn't I try to fight for them? Hmm? Because, frankly, the evidence is against equality in the home. Say it with me. Equality. To say women and men are "equal" simply isn't true.

Would you like the definition?

equal-

1. being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value

While it might be argued that women are just as "valuable" as men, women are, on average, smaller and weaker than men. That isn't equal.

OR being the key word in that sentence.

Posted

Sahaqiel, you might be the stupidest person on the face of the earth.

Not really, but still. You won't ever accept any opinion but your own.

Posted

I won't accept your opinion as you have it at the moment.

It was fine when you at least tried to be subtle, saying you want a family where you take care of your wife, blah, etc. but now you're being a jerk to the female population.

And Figurehead, I don't believe in the fourth piece, and I don't see what my relationship problems have to do with anything.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Now, getting back to my point, I do not believe in equality in the home. This being because women and men are different and should not fill the same roles.

How can you believe that a woman should stay at home and look after the kids if you also believe that she has the right to go out and work wherever she wants.

Posted

Because that's what has worked in the past. Also, Sahaqiel as always assumed my family is like this. It's not, my mom and dad fight all the time. Wanna know why? Because they are "equal." Equality in the home only screws up relationships. Families, just like countries, need a head, a leader who will make sure the family is on track. If no one is the leader, then there will be a constant power struggle. This is inevitable, it's how human beings are. I believe the man should be the head because that's what my faith teaches. That's how I can believe a woman can do whatever she wants outside of marriage, but can't inside of one. I know, you don't agree with me on this, but seeing as how no one has any valid argument against it other than "just because your family does this" or "you're close-minded" then really there's no reason in arguing with me, just accept that I could be right and move on.

Posted

Hello dictatorship~

Posted

I think you failed to mention that you've been using faulty arguments that are only in existence because of men's behavior. Aggressive does not equal superior, and maybe you skimmed over the part where I said "your family is not the only one on the planet". I've seen families that don't fight with equal parents. If I'm close enough to my friends, I sometimes ask them if their parents ever fight. So far, nothing.

And if you say that they could be lying, and that I couldn't know how another family functions, then you may want to look at your own argument. Not assuming you think this, but just in case.

And I think I should rephrase that last bit.

I accept that you have the right to have an opinion and are entitled to whatever you believe in.

However, I disagree with it pretty severely. I do not believe people are assigned destinies past "you are born a girl" or "you are born a guy". As far as actions go, I believe that we have the same potential. Maybe not with things like IQ or internal makeup, but we have the choice to be whatever we want to be and work things out. Because that's my definition of what makes people supposedly so great. They can work out problems with logic, and they can solve things with tools, and they can survive under any conditions, because they have the intelligence to work it out. We were all given a brain to use it, so we can surpass obstacles in the way of our happiness. We as humans have determination, and free will.

I apologize for being pretentious. I'm fairly sure it started when you told shadowknight, who is less severe in his beliefs outwardly, that he "hit the nail on the head", like it was a fact that no one else can see but you and the other pack of devout.

Anyway, making sure this is all clear, I do not particularly care about how much you care about your religion. Because in my eyes, you've attacked something closer to me than a God can be, closer to me and more there for me than any deity I am present before. You've attacked my peers. My mother. My sisters. My cousins. Loved ones. Told them they do not have the potential or human capacity required to become equal in your terms. You've told them they are restricted and should not have complete free will under the marriage of a man.

I refuse to acknowledge there are such people in the world.

Because like you, I have faith.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The only thing you've told me is that we have different standards for things like [PLACE A BUNCH OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES HERE], but mentally, the girls I hang out with are 300x more dedicated to getting a good grade than I am, have more interesting personalities than the guys I hang out with, and are more likely to succeed in everything anywhere.

And they're not sexist.

Sahaqiel

AH! I'VE BEEN SHOT

OH GOD THIS HURTS THERES BLOOD EVERYWHERE OWWW OW OW OW OW OW OW MY ARM

Posted

most of the guys*

Posted

No. ): People used to pull the corners of their eyes at me and say "ching-chong" over and over until I cried.

I WILL FIND THEM AND KILL THEM EVER SO SLOWLY OH HOLY poo JESUS CHRIST IM GOING TO KILL THEM GIVE ME NAMES NOW IM A GETTIN MA SLEDGE HAMMA GOD DAMMIT WHY

Posted

Some dude named Chris in the fourth grade.

Can't quite remember his last name.

But don't kill him.

I think it would be better if you went for the teacher that heard about this, but since I called Chris a "craphead", restraining myself to the best of my abilities to not say "'poo'head", she slapped him on the wrists and told me not to call people "crapheads".

Chris' story was retarded even for a fourth grader, the story being that the sound "ching-chong" came from him mispronouncing something in a play, then coincidentally going after the Asian kid with the corners of his eyes pulled.

Sahaqiel

Posted

oh.

well, maybe if he was 9 or ten at the time, maybe he's changed. but If I meet him and he hasn't I will give him a swift kick in the nuts for you. I wouldn't actually kill him, it was just an adrenaline rush ftr. though I might drink heartily from a shot glass filled with his blood...... :)

It does. People chop off their fingers and feed them to their sexual partner as part of a shared fetish probably.

this well placed probably made me lol pretty hard. I love how im just sitting here commenting on every thing in posts. dont worry, Ill start arguing on sahaqiel's side once Im caught up.

Posted

Did I once say women don't have the potential to be a leader? No, I didn't. You seem to think I hate women or something, but really you're drawing your own conclusions. I believe the man should be the head of the household because my faith says so. Sorry you don't agree with it.

Faith in human beings is flawed, Sahaqiel. Human beings are flawed. The faith, the love you have in them will pass away. It's the truth, you will die and it will be the end. Morbid, I know, but true. I care about my friends and family. I would die for them. But God comes before them, because he's more important than them. What's a human's life to a god? If he wanted, he could destroy us all. Though, to my god, human life seems to be worth dying for.

I'm sorry you don't accept my faith. I'm sorry you think it's inappropriate for me to bring my faith into everything, but it's the same way as an atheist bringing his beliefs into things, or you bringing your beliefs into things. You aren't as open minded as you think you are, or may wish to be. You have beliefs, and you'd follow them to the end regardless of what anyone else says, just like me. I can't help but bring my religion into things because it's what I turn to for answers. And at the end of the day, you still have no reason why I shouldn't think this way, other than the fact that you can't handle it or don't like it.