Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenEye Wii Revealed?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

For whatever reason Craig Peck, an game industry animator, has posted portions of his resume on the internetz. In so doing, he has also revealed that he spent some time at port pros Eurocom working on a Wii version of the classic N64 title [b]GoldenEye[/b].

More after the jump...

------

As pointed out by the peeps at Dtoid, Peck’s resume includes the following:[i][b]

Animator – GoldenEye 2010 (Wii)[/b]
Animator on Activision’s James Bond series for the Nintendo Wii assisting in: Key frame animation, the preparation and clean-up of motion capture data, prop animation, in-game cut-scene animation, scene layout, and camera animation.[/i]

So, does this solidify rumors that current generation gamers will soon in fact be able to, uh, Bond with one of the greatest games of all time? Does it mean there’s a brand spankin’ [b]NEW[/b] version of [b]GoldenEye[/b] headed to the Wii? Will it forever end the debate as to whether or not [b]GoldenEye N64[/b] was overrated? We’re not positive, but we’ll keep “Pecking

Posted

Oh, cool. This could be good.

Posted

If it works. If it doesn't...

Posted

I wonder if this was that game IGN was talking about in that rumors news post.

Posted

I loved Goldeneye, in fact I have it lying around here (my apartment) somewhere. In a box with my NES, Sega, N64 and Gamecube.

007 was a good game for it's time and I just know that Goldeneye Wii will be as well. I'm expecting "Quantum of Solace" level realism so don't let me down.

Posted

If this is for real i will be first in line at my gamestop. Hands down one of the best shooters of all time.

Posted

Having the original Goldeneye would be amazing... not that stupid ripoff they did a while back.

I'd rather have Goldeneye on the Wii than have to just play the Goldeneye: Source mod on PC.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' date='28 October 2009 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1256694948' post='259138']
I wonder if this was that game IGN was talking about in that rumors news post.
[/quote]

That was the new Excitebike. Anyway, this would be a very interesting opportunity to show younger gamers Halo and GTA weren't the first games where you could shoot stuff. Consider my interest piqued. :D

Posted

I refuse to buy this game.

Why?

Goldeneye 64 was an AMAZING game. It's like, redoing a movie. The original is infinitely better.

Posted

Goldeneye wasn't overrated at all. People only started saying it was overrated years after it came out because BETTER things came out. It was awesome for its time, but that's it.

Posted

[quote name='Chameleon' date='28 October 2009 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1256791366' post='259350']
Goldeneye wasn't overrated at all. People only started saying it was overrated years after it came out because BETTER things came out. It was awesome for its time, but that's it.
[/quote]
Yeah, same exact thing happened with both Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII.