Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My dabblings with Finale Songwriter

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I downloaded a demo of Finale Songwriter a few days ago, and I've been playing around with it. Partly inspired by G333's topic, I've decided to post a little song I've written. I know it's a little rough, especially toward the end, but it's the first song I've written and I haven't had a lot of time for it.

Enjoy.

Posted

Alright, constructive criticism time.

First of all, it seems as though the song has a hard time sticking to a key or maintaining a coherent melody. This sounds like it should be in C Major, but you're trying to avoid ending a phrase on that C. That would make the scale you're using more clear, make it more pleasing to the ear, and make it sound like the melody is going somewhere. I'm assuming you can read music at least to an extent, because that's kind of integral to using Finale.

Learning music theory always helps, so you can get into harmony and the construction of chords and relationships between the degrees of a scale and other things that help you to understand how music is held together. Wikipedia is always good for that. =D

Posted

Thanks, that was helpful.

Posted

to me it sounds very LoZ like =)

Keep it up.