Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Something that a few of us have wondered for a while

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Somewhat inspired by Arcanelord's (now known as Arcane...?) topic, I have been reminded of a point that I had forgotten some time ago.

My display name has no pronunciation. And it bothers me. No one knows if it's "keert," or "kurt," or "seert"... Not even myself. :/ And I don't know if I should change it to my alter nick on the chat, "Casper."

Though I'm not sure how, a select few on the forms (Teto, for example) are able to transcend from display name to display name without any trouble or confusion - I think. I mean, I could have been terribly wrong for quite a while. I tend to second guess myself.

Anyway, change to the more pronounceable (and perhaps more generic) Casper? Or no? Opinions welcome.

Posted

keep it. its unique. :lol:

Posted

If you change it, I'll slaughter you with a bowl of moisturizing lotion?

Posted

Keep it the same, Barrack Obama didn't change his name did he?

Posted

Whatever floats your boat.

I'm curious, how exactly did you come to name yourself a word with no pronounciation?

Posted

Whatever floats your boat.

I'm curious, how exactly did you come to name yourself a word with no pronounciation?

It's short for Cirtolthiel, a name I used on an RP forum a few years ago. Googled my actual name in elven, that's what it was. xD

Posted

Ho ho ho hold on, Cirt. Since when have you been a male? Don't pull a Vio/Noes...

Anyway, keep it the same. I-wait. You're a Hyrule Sage with only 120 posts? How?

Posted

Well with a name like that he/she can be anything he/she wants to be

Posted

Ho ho ho hold on, Cirt. Since when have you been a male? Don't pull a Vio/Noes...

Anyway, keep it the same. I-wait. You're a Hyrule Sage with only 120 posts? How?

DDx Oh my gosh, I noticed that earlier. I am a female, prooomise - *points to recently posted pictures on Post Yourself thread* I don't know how to fix my profile. It is rather amusing though :>

Also, I'm on chat, a lawt, and I promote stuff that needs to be done around here while we continue to fall through the black hole of fail anyway.

...that was rather melodramatic.

But it's more chat participation rather than forum for me. :)

Edit: I just fixed the gender thing, all good now! ♥

Posted

Should I get on chat more?

Posted

xD that's up to you. I'm actually intimidated by the forums and have a phobia of being flamed, since that seems to happen a lot around here :x

So chat is where it's at for me.

Posted

Oh come on, who could flame you?

If they did, I'd stick up for you. Tell you what. I'll get on chat more if you'll get on the forums more. Deal?

Posted

Well that's what I've been trying to do lately, seeing that the only times I really ever get on hyrule.net is during the weekend when I have time. And the chat is quiet :/ So I don't know how much good that would do, getting on there.

Posted

I'll try and convince Kyle to get on there.

Posted

why does it matter if people cant pronounce it?