Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Tracks has Mother 3's rope snake?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Some guy was so awake yet to find out that there was a item used in Zelda Spirit Tracks, which looks a lot like the item in Mother 3, The Rope Snake.

It also has the same functions , shorta..
Read it after the jump!

------

[quote]So I guess the Mother/Earthbound community has been talking about this for a while, but I didn't see the connection until this morning as I was cruising around the Game Watch Impress looking for news. LoZ: Spirit Tracks has been really hard to notice in general. Something about the game is just totally ignorable to me.

[center][img]http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/156823-headerropesnake.jpg[/img][/center]

I guess I should say "was totally ignorable" because as a hardcore Mother 3 fan, I now feel a pressing need to find out everything I can about the game, with hopes that there are a few other Mother-shout outs therein. LoZ: Link's Awakening had more than a few Super Mario Bros references, and the Star Fox cameo embedded in unused files still present on the LoZ: Ocarina of Time ROM still gets me all giddy and silly. To think that the new Zelda game may have multiple Mother 3 references isn't totally crazy, is it?

How about it, Mother 3 fans? Does this shameless fan service get you excited about an otherwise predictable-looking new Zelda game?[/quote]

Source: destructoid.com

Posted

Now this is how you do an article. Good job, Adr. You didn't plagiarize, you didn't focus on something stupid, and you found an article about Zelda. Nice.

Posted

Well before we start...

[quote]How about it, Mother 3 fans? Does this shameless fan service get you excited about an otherwise predictable-looking new Zelda game?[/quote]
NO!

Ok now I said this once before and no one even paid attention. :( This is game is pissing me off more than looking like a bad game.

Posted

Let us all remember that /I/ was the first one to mention that it looked like the RapeSnake in typing... On Hyrule.net~

Posted

[quote name='Vio Milanor' date='12 December 2009 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1260641632' post='265212']
Let us all remember that /I/ was the first one to mention that it looked like the [b]RapeSnake[/b] in typing... On Hyrule.net~
[/quote]
fail.

Posted

Is it fail if it was purposely done?

Posted

I just got the whip yesterday

Posted

Enh... I think it's just coincidence. As a Mother fan, it doesn't stir up much interest in me. :\
I find no fanservice in it. If it was intended to be such, I might even say it displeases me.

Lol at the fact it made the game [i]ignorable[/i].

Posted

what?

Posted

Unfortunately I dont think any of the Mother games were released here in the UK so the references will be completely lost on me.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='12 December 2009 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1260637984' post='265207']NO!

Ok now I said this once before and no one even paid attention. :( This is game is pissing me off more than looking like a bad game.
[/quote]
But come on, it's a whip. You can recreate your bagstrap adventures with it. :c

Be cool man.

Posted

I noticed this upon looking at the first video of Spirit Tracks. It looked the same but I didn't realize that there was actually a /snake/ on the end. Sweet. Hopefully the Zelda rope snake will be a bit more useful than the Mother one!