Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo currently undecided on graphical style for Zelda Wii, looking at Monster Hunter 3 for inspiration

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I the only one who would love to see steam powered airships in a Zelda game with dragons flying overhead? :D

Posted

[quote name='pheonix561' date='18 December 2009 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1261175487' post='266346']
I think it would be cool if you weren't forced to do dungeons in a specific order anymore. that would be cool. and you could always revisit dungeons for more to do in them. yeah it would be backtracking, but AWESOME backtracking.
[/quote]

THAT would make it worth all the wait.

[quote name='Dark Mido'] Am I the only one who would love to see steam powered airships in a Zelda game with dragons flying overhead? :D [/quote]

No, Mido, you are not ;)

Posted

How are they already designing scenarios and dungeons when they haven't yet decided on the graphics. You'd think that'd be the first thing they'd choose. It influences al of the environments and even the story!

Anyway, I'm down with Super Paper Zelda. XD

Posted

This is completely off subject, but what pheonix said made me want to say this. I want to be able to go back and fight all the gym leaders in Pokemon.

That is all.

But not all, actually. I think that Zelda should do the same. Go back and fight the bosses again, but this time they're harder or have a time limit or something. Hell, just include a freakin hard mode.

Posted

[quote name='Lethe Albion' date='17 December 2009 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1261076218' post='266078']
Nah, toon style wouldn't work. I mean, I loved that style of art, but it took away a lot of the game's epic feel. If Nintendo wants this game to come out with a bang, it's almost for sure going to feature [b]hyper-realistic graphics. Like, ridiculous stuff.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Hare Krishna' date='17 December 2009 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1261084216' post='266098']
[b]Its a shame[/b] because their games are so enjoyable
[/quote]

YOU ARE WHAT KILLED TWILIGHT PRINCESS.

A game doesn't need to have super realistic graphics to be enjoyable. The Legend of Zelda's storytelling has always etched great memories.
Think of it like this. If the Legend of Zelda were a book, and it has no graphics. One copy of one book has a realistic look, the other, a more cartoon look. Does it make them different in terms of how good they are? No. They're both the same, only they look different.
It doesn't change anything. Use your imaginations.

Case in point: Okami. Beautiful, elegant, totally unrealistic, epic feel to the marrow.
Sahaqiel

Posted

^Actually a serious game needs serious graphics. Take WW/PH for example. They were not serious games because they had non serious graphics. WW was a game where everyone was always happy and they knew everything was going to be ok. In PH... Well I don't know. All I know is that it was a dream so it turned out happy and non serious.

Posted

What are you talking about? Wind Waker was a serious game. It was lighthearted at times, but so was TP. A game would be boring if it had a serious atmosphere ALL THE TIME. It doesn't matter.
I mean, Link's sister was kidnapped, and he actually had to get prepared to leave the island by equipping himself properly and had to say goodbye to the only family and friends he's ever had to fight terrifying creatures. Ganon was given all new depth by revealing some of his inner motives. If that's not serious, I don't know what is. :/
You're just wh[b][/b]oring yourself out to graphics.
Sahaqiel

Posted

if the new zelda game comes out looking mike MH3 ill be pleased. i hated how they changed to to almost a kawaii look in wind waker and such. i have been playing the zelda games since i could hold the controller in my little toddler hands, so i feel that they need to continue to mature link. i love the realistic look and feel that is the look they need to continue to use, no catroon-ish crap, ill be so disappointed =[

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='29 December 2009 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1262140290' post='268225']
^Actually a serious game needs serious graphics. Take WW/PH for example. They were not serious games because they had non serious graphics. WW was a game where everyone was always happy and they knew everything was going to be ok. In PH... Well I don't know. All I know is that it was a dream so it turned out happy and non serious.
[/quote]
Mother 3 AND Earthbound had cartoony graphics, but it had a storyline that touched on various serious issues and (especially Mother 3) had a not-so-happy storyline.

That said, I prefer that serious games have a more lighthearted style, because if pulled off correctly, it's a much better way to tell the story.

In Zelda's case, the stories have never been very serious, so any style fits it perfectly in my book. What I would like to see is a return of the ALttP/LA Link, fo real.