Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo currently undecided on graphical style for Zelda Wii, looking at Monster Hunter 3 for inspiration

24 posts in this topic

Posted

As we all know, the most current issue of Official Nintendo Magazine has an interview with Eiji Aonuma. Now some more details are pouring out from that issue. While we've heard some of these tidbits before, I'll include them all for the sake of being thorough...

------

- Link is "already reproducing almost perfectly what you do with the remote and MotionPlus. Our team has already got a solid response from this aspect of the software."
- significant change to the Zelda structure
- hopeful for a showing at E3 2010
- well under development
- MotionPlus was not even around when development on this project started, which had the team working on just how to include it partway through development
- the final graphical style for the game hasn't yet been decided, and while a new style might be chosen, there are hints towards a more realistic approach
- according to Aonuma, some of the internet speculation has been correct
- Aonuma spent time playing Monster Hunter 3 to see what aspects really appeal most to the player

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm really expecting something different this time around. That's not speaking of visuals, but instead, gameplay. E3 2010 cannot come fast enough! Thanks to RE_Master for the heads up.

[url="http://boards.ign.com/legend_of_zelda/b5188/187686082/p1/?13"]Link[/url]

[b]Source: GoNintendo.com[/b]

Posted

Interesting.
Since they didn't include Wii Motion+ until they were already in production, they probably hadn't worked on Link's controls very much until the results from Wii Sports Resort. Which means they spent all this time working on dungeons, enemies, characters, scenery, etc. And then they began working on Link's controls. They probably had to change a few things after they included Motion+ in there.

OMG.

Epic Ganondorf battle with Motion+ Master Sword!!! D:>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Posted

Who else thinks a mix of Toon + realistic would be really cool?
Like Brawl's Toon Link, with the original LoZ outfit?
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='15 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1260916571' post='265722']
Who else thinks a mix of Toon + realistic would be really cool?
Like Brawl's Toon Link, with the original LoZ outfit?
Sahaqiel
[/quote]
That would be epic.

Posted

Some sort of mixture of art styles might be nice, then again.....it could fail horribly :wacko:

Posted

Oh, definitely toon link style, but with an adult Link.

Posted

^ Ohoho, that would be amazing indeed.

I want similar to TP, but improved.

Next Gen Graphics, w00t w00t!

Posted

No. The farthest I'd go is realistic but cel-shaded. Think [i]Fire Emblem[/i].

You know, just to piss someone off.

Posted

Make it 2D style
Super Paper Zelda

Posted

Nah, toon style wouldn't work. I mean, I loved that style of art, but it took away a lot of the game's epic feel. If Nintendo wants this game to come out with a bang, it's almost for sure going to feature hyper-realistic graphics. Like, ridiculous stuff.

Posted

Unfortunately I don't think nintendo has the capability of creating games with hyper realistic graphics.

Its a shame because their games are so enjoyable

Posted

[quote name='Guy Fawkes' date='17 December 2009 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1261032606' post='266034']
Make it 2D style
Super Paper Zelda
[/quote]
Hahaha XD

Posted

What is it now, like forever since they began working on the game, and they haven't even decided on a graphical style yet?

Posted

sounds pretty epic, monster hunter has always had some pretty good graphics and from what I've seen tri's are even better .

Posted

I think it would be cool if you weren't forced to do dungeons in a specific order anymore. that would be cool. and you could always revisit dungeons for more to do in them. yeah it would be backtracking, but AWESOME backtracking.