Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aonuma Wants Crossbow Sequel

13 posts in this topic

Posted

A sequel, to a Mini-game, it happened before with WiiFit, see WiiFit Plus.
So I guess it's al right, of course. Regarding the Quote of Anouma's interview after the jump, it really sounds promising!

------

[center][img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/link-crossbow2.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote]“To tell you the truth, I actually wanted to create Link’s Crossbow Training 2,

Posted

... Dear dear, Aonuma wants a sequel? (And what a genius title for it, at that. "Link's Crossbow Training [u]2[/u]." Ooh yeah, a lot of brilliant minds were put to work for that one. o_0)
Its good that Aonuma wants to continue this, but honestly there's really not much of a point to it. You shoot things, clear the level, and move onto the next one. Multiplayer is a nice touch and all, but I think they should just leave the game as it is and get back to work on the new Zelda Wii already. xD

Posted

I think it'd be fantastic if they experiment in the FPS genre. Link's Crossbow Training wasn't bad, and if they can make a more traditional FPS in the Zelda universe (with exploration) as a spinoff, I'd be all for it. This could be an interesting side project AFTER Zelda Wii.

Posted

really they should put that as a unlockable minigame or item in Zelda Wii.

Posted

If Nintendo wants more FPS action, they should make another Metroid. The Metroid universe is a[i] lot [/i] better suited for something like that. Zelda should stick to fantasy Action Adventure.

Posted

Halo/Modern Warfare with Zelda instead of Space Marines or SAS troopers.

Sounds pretty kickass to me.

Posted

I think that whenever Link uses a bow for the Wii game, it should be controlled like a gun in an FPS. That would be fun.

Posted

I've been thinking more on this, and I still stand by what I've said. (This is directed particularly to the better multiplayer part.) The Zelda universe just never had the character progression our world developement to go outside of it's little box. It's always Link kills dumb beasts to save the princess/world from the villian. Plain and simple. All the games are like this. Plus, they rarely connect, so it's like 10+ different worlds. There's just not enough variety or anything to support a good multiplayer shooter. There wouldn't be near enough different characters or weapons or arenas. It'd get old fast.

But Metroid is nicely suited to it, I think. You could be various Federation or Space Pirates soldiers, the cool and nicely unique bounty hunters in MP3: Corruption, all those characters in Hunters, different Samus suits, heck even the Luminoth and Ing. And there'd be a lot more variety in weapons and battlefields. In the right hands, it could be like Halo on the Wii. But really, imagine a Federation v.s. Space Pirate capture the flag match on the surface of Aether. A squad of Feds are blasting their way through the aliens. A Pirate Commando turns off his stealth and ambushed the group. The troopers return the fire before he can use his EMP or whatever it is gun. The Commando throws out some metroids before he goes down, which kill a couple of soldiers before a phazon-pumped super trooper takes them out. It'd be awesome. I think Nintendo should work on this instead of another spin-off minigame.

Posted

[quote name='「Arcane

Posted

pheonix told me how he beat New Super Mario Bros. Wii in about two hours.
I said, "Shows you how many drastically epic, intuitive, important projects are clouding up Nintendo's development time for Zelda Wii."
Not my exact words, but it's how I felt.
Not that I can talk, per se. :x
I have a lot of projects of various importance.

Anyways, I think a multiplayer FPS would be great. Sure, I'd want for them to complete Zelda Wii first before adding this into it or another project, but this is a tantalizing idea, to me. I will never want first person perspective for the story mode. But multiplayer just fits. Think about it. You have to use the Wii Motion Plus in ZW now. So the best way to use it is in FP. The bow, however, I can't see anyone drawing from first person. I liked the over-the-shoulder arrow shooting in TP.

Not to say this couldn't also work in third person. As long as it'd be fun multiplayer.
I think games that are standalone in essence would typically make great games.
First person shooters used to be standalone in essence too.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I would like to see a crossbow in Zelda Wii.

Posted

Next up will be a full game of Zelda themed mini games.

Fantastic.

Posted

I, for one, love to see Anouma wanting to broaden his horizons. Instead of Zelda, he could go for an IP fantasy-themed FPS, which I would be all over in a hearbeat.