What was your first Zelda game?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I have slightly vague memories of playing Majora's Mask first, back in 2001 just a few months or so after it was first released for the Nintendo 64. Just about a year ago I found The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition after rumaging through my house looking for things that I was going to give/throw away. It must of been from when I purchased the Nintendo Gamecube quite awhile back and that disk came with it.

I gave it a run, and sure enough it worked!-- There was: Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda (original), Zelda II: Adventure of Link and a twenty minute demo of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I played Ocarina of Time for a short while, then I tryed Majora's Mask. When I entered Clock Town for the first time I had a sense of Deja-Vu!-- Sure enough memories in the back of my mind became elusive. I remember traversing through Termina Field, Ikana Canyon, Stone Tower and it's temple and the Southern Swamp region as I progressed throughout the game. The memories had been dormant for all that time until I finally played it again.

Posted

I beat you all. I played the Original Legend of Zelda when I was 5. At that Time ALttP just came out, then I got that. All of you with your fancy "3D graphics" pft. Zelda don't need no 3D.

(Now picture that in an old cranky man voice.)

But yea. The Original LoZ was my frst, but ALttP was the first one I beat.

Posted

When I was about 6/7, I used to watch my older cousin play Ocarina Of Time (or Majora's Mask... ...or both. Can't remember, really), and I did get to try it, but I can't really remember anything of the game. I was also too inexperienced in video games to understand how to control Link - logically, since I didn't get my first video console and game until a couple of years later, with the GameBoy Advance and Super Mario Bros. 3.

So, Ocarina Of Time (or Majora's Mask, pretty sure it's the former, though) was the first Zelda game, and the first video game, I ever played/tried to play. However, Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game that was mine and mine alone, so I guess I count that as my first.

Posted

Strangely, I don't remember what the Zelda 2 box looked like. I have it and remember getting it, but...whatever :P

Posted

My very first Zelda game was Oracle of Seasons, given to me by a good friend who got stuck on the Tarum Ruins. [i must say, I was very pleased to see it's initially original Roc's cape brought back into Minish cap.]

Years later, I went out and by pure luck found it's mate Oracle of Ages sitting on a shelf for ten dollars, and I jumped on the deal.

Posted

My first was OOT (how boring of me). I had a friend who was obsessed with the game, and we used to pass the controller around. I couldn't get a hang of the 3-D perspective and kept running into walls. I played it in high school when my sister's boyfriend left his N64 at our place. I also played Majora's Mask and watched him play Windwaker. I wasn't allowed to own a console until I graduated.

I finally beat Ocarina of Time when I had my first real boyrfriend at University. I played the original Legend of Zelda on my computer, almost beating it. I bought an SNES and an N64 after my first year at University and I got Ocarina of Time. My cousin left his copy of Majora's Mask at my Dad's place, so I almost beat it (can't remember why I didn't. I think it's because the N64 was at my Dad's place, and I usually play something multiplayer with him. My friend lent me her copy of Link to the Past, but it was getting old and would randomly erase all my progress. After it did that shortly after making it into the Dark World I caved and got my own copy. LttP is still my favourite.

I later got a Gamecube for super cheap and got Windwaker and Twilight Princess. Last summer I got Link's Awakening. I have an NES, but I don't have either Zelda game for that yet.

Posted

Majora's Mask

Posted

well i dont remember. it was either mm oot. im pretty sure it was oot though

Posted

my first was either ww or collector's edition(don't know which game though,)I was too young to remember.

Posted

triforce.gifMy first Zelda game was the sacred "gold cartridge" that was for NES, and therefore was my first Zelda experience. I have every zelda that has come out so far, including my all time favorites, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is good too! I am waiting desperately for the new Zelda game for the Wii console. I have Twilight princess for Wii, but i am looking forward to the new game. Truly, Zelda must continue on for more decades. It is by far one of the greatest game series ever made. triforce.gif

Posted

Majora's Mask for the Good ole N64!(Though my favorite is now OoT)

Posted

I remember when I was 6 I was watching my cousin play OoT and I was pestering him with the same question: If that's Link, then why is it called Legend of Zelda zelda.gif When I saw him playing it years later (I was like, 13) I gort interested and played the demo on brawl and eventually bought the game myself. I'm glad I started with the classic because all of the other games refer to the "Legendary Hero" and otherwise I wouldn't know they meant the Hero of Time! I attempted MM after, but stopped at the begininng of the Stone Tower and then went on to WW, the TP, PH, MM, ST. I'm now working on the orginal Zelda and Link's Adventure sweat.gif I know, I never played the originals yet. Leave me alone T_T.gif