Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Toyota in Trouble

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Toyota has decided (under federal pressure I hear) to discontinue sales of all new RAV4, Corolla, Matrix, Avalon, Camry, Highlander, Tundra and Sequoia, until they can figure out their throttle body/computer problems that cause the engines to go full tilt periodically.

19 people have died in the U.S. so far, and there are indications that it might be quite a bit higher, due to many one-car Toyota accidents resulting in fatalities.

Oh, in case you didn't know, certain toyotas in the U.S. have been running at full throttle, unstoppable, by themselves. People have been killed because they lose control, run through intersections while speeding, run off cliffs and so on becasue they can't stop their engines.

Posted

Good thing I have a '95, the thing runs so well I don't think I've ever had any problems with it. They just don't make them like they used to...Literally.

Posted

Yep, so long as that's not one of the old Tercels that decapitates the people in the back seats in rear end collisions :)

Posted

...shit.

Get in the floor, Steph.

Posted

May wanna check the recalls on your car........I don't remember what year that was.....seriously

Posted

Well, luckily, I don't carry many passengers, and when I do it's usually just one. Plus, I've already come to terms with the fact that I'm dead if I'm ever in a wreck.

Posted

'95 Honda Civic. As long as I'm not in a crash with a big truck, I should be okay.

Posted

I like to drive my dad's Chevy prism 2000. Its so awesome you have to change the oil every time you fill up on gas! Literally!

Posted

Thats why you buy from Ford, or you buy a european car. Because asian cars will murder you. And GM and Chrysler are (Essentially) government owned.

Posted

Thats why you buy from Ford, or you buy a european car. Because asian cars will murder you. And GM and Chrysler are (Essentially) government owned.

What he means to say is, "Thats why you buy from Ford, or you buy a european car. Because buying Asian cars will fund the ever growing Chinese army, which will invade the U.S. and murder you.

Posted

No, because asian cars will make you drive into the side of a building.

Posted

Honda won't.

Posted

if you drive in to the side of the building you cause issues various issues that the governemtn has to deal with, such as loss of population, property damage, stuff they have to pay for, with money they end up borrowing from china.

So yeah its really the same thing.

Posted

I have a '04 Rav4. I love that car, it works great. Only problem I've had with it is that the check tires light goes off randomly. My spare might be faulty though :/

And my mom has an '08 Camry.

And my dad a '08 Tacoma.

And my sister a '04 Highlander...

Yeah, my dad used to work for Toyota xD I think we already recalled our newer Toyotas, and they were fine.

Posted

They just pulled a new recall, throttle body computers and the entire drive-by-wire system. Problem has only occurred in Avalons, but everything other than the Tacoma has the same system in it. 04's are safe from any recalls happening, not sure if the camry recall goes back to 08 or not.