Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony Vs Nintendo

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys, lets be smart now. It's not Sony who thinks the Wii's in a whole nother league, it one representative. I'm pretty sure the rest of Sony is working their butts off to get more sales. A representative of Sony is not Sony, the president of Sony is not Sony. Sony is not one person, Sony is many people. The views and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Sony. Sound familiar?

Posted

thats right. but a representative of sony is supposed to say the general view of sony right?

Posted

Not necessarily. The representative is his own person with his own opinions. The representatives are usually the ones sent out to defend a company on interviews and such, they may sometimes carry messages from their boss, but they're free to express their own opinions. Though Kaz and Ken are kind of wierd, they're not jerks. And to state the general views of a company, you'd have to take the views of the backbone: The workers along with the other reps and more important people in the company's branch. The representative represents the company, not the companys general view.

Posted

well, in one way he does, cause he represents his bosses general view. and the boss own the company so in a way he represents the companys general view.

Posted

i know he got views of his own too, but i dont think he is supposed to talk about them in an interview.

Posted

I tried PS3 to day and it is AWESOME!!!!!

If I get 1 PS3 and I already have 1 N-Wii, I'm fine by than :D:D:D

Its Cool to have both PS3 and Wii. Because if you have both, you get Fun control and Good grafics. :D

Posted

To be quite honest, with the PS3 being a ridiculous price, people will most probably by them in years to come when they drop down in price, and at the moment i've only heard like 2 good games, which are assassins creed and of course, metal gear solid 4.

We'll just have to wait and see. But me, i'm a nintendo head. Been playin nintendo since i was 3 on my old mans NES.

Good times.

But yeh, i have to say, Sony have had 2 good consoles in the past, but it's just the amount of crappy, really low rated games that no one buys, i mean, come on, who's gonna buy Qbert for at least

Posted

Well, in that case, he's not doin' his job right.
The rep is free to say what he thinks. All they really wanted him to do is talk about the current state of the PS3 and what Sony's trying to do. They can't really regulate or control what comes out of his mouth. I remember, there was this one president of a company and he said he doesn't like where the Wii is going, but now his entire company is backing the Wii up 100%. I'm pretty sure the boss wasn't like: "Okay, so what I want you to do is trash a system and say it's inferior to ours even though it's obviously beating us by almost 1.5 million (I'm pretty sure it's more) or so units and it's in the same market."

Posted

Thats really cool to own the both Consoles.

1, PS3 for the grafic and 1, Wii for the fun game play.

I tested PS3 yesterday and it was FUN. :D

Posted

[quote name='Robero' post='27488' date='Feb 5 2007, 07:06 AM'][color="#FF0000"]I like potatoes[/color][/quote]

what does that got to do with anything?

Posted

[quote name='Link_Irving' post='27584' date='Feb 5 2007, 02:57 PM']Well, in that case, he's not doin' his job right.
The rep is free to say what he thinks. All they really wanted him to do is talk about the current state of the PS3 and what Sony's trying to do. They can't really regulate or control what comes out of his mouth. I remember, there was this one president of a company and he said he doesn't like where the Wii is going, but now his entire company is backing the Wii up 100%. I'm pretty sure the boss wasn't like: "Okay, so what I want you to do is trash a system and say it's inferior to ours even though it's obviously beating us by almost 1.5 million (I'm pretty sure it's more) or so units and it's in the same market."[/quote]

thats what i ment=)

Posted

Why PS3 cost so much?????

MOST of it, is because of the Blue-Ray!

The PS3 cost about 600$ and the Blue-Ray player cost MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!!

And of course, your getting more with watching Blue-Ray movies, MUCH better than DVD!!!!

Posted

[quote name='Daniel' post='27321' date='Feb 3 2007, 05:57 AM']I'm just saying to make you angry. I'm just kidding man! :D[/quote]

Troll.... >:(

[quote]And of course, your getting more with watching Blue-Ray movies, MUCH better than DVD!!!![/quote]

Any of you remember the PS2 DVD player, how its aspect ratio was always jacked? I own widescreen DVDs to watch them WIDESCREEN. I have spent hours trying to change that info on the PS2 with no luck. I sure hope this HD player they have doesn't have the same exact flaw...

Posted

ha, now here in louisville kentucky, theres a college rivalry, the louisville cardinals (GO CARDS!) and kentucky wildcats..this might seem off-topic but bear with me....see the fans of the wildcats...ALWAYS run their mouth, their ranked in basketball now but lost to tennesee who isnt ranked...next day all they do is blame it on tennessee's best player..even when they lost against us cards in football this year..they still ran their mouth as if they were winning

how this relates to the topic....the cardinals are kinda like nintendo..and sony is like the wildcats, sony can't admit a loss/defeat, so they make excuses, the only reason sony is still in the video game business right now is that they make so much dough from movies and etc. that they can blow it all on advertising the ps3, which obviously sucks.... and there arent very many franchises/excluse games on sony's side, they used to have solid snake on theyre side...but oh gee i think snakes been in a few GCN games? all they have left is crap like ratchet and clank, theres not a single hardcore franchise on sony's side of these fake "console wars"

so they do have metal gear solid 4, resistance fall of man sucks from what i hear, and assassins creed comes out on the 360 soon so its not exclusive...so sony is pretty much done, they should make a wise business decision and QUIT the video game business for good

Posted

Sony still has the Final Fantasy series. I believe they'll be digging their claws right into that, and not letting go.
Afterall, IMO its probably their only remaining [b]really[/b] good game.