Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony Vs Nintendo

34 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote]Culver City (CA) - Responding to high sales figures and consumer frenzy that continue to push the Wii to a "sold out" state in stores around the world, Sony recently said that any comparison between the PS3 and the Wii is invalid.

"Wii could be considered an impulse buy more that anything else, but we believe the PS3 will be the console to attract hardcore, committed gamers, while Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players," said Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) spokesperson Dave Karraker.

------

The PS3 was once at a level of hype unlike anything ever seen for a video game console, but once the system was actually released and first impressions from owners criticized the console, consumer interest plummeted, and last-minute before Christmas shipments largely remained on store shelves.

The two are battling to eat into the market share currently held by the Xbox 360, which continues to sell well after 14 months on the market. Nintendo contends it is the only real video game console, because the other two focus more on other media aspects, like music and movies. It is the first console battle where each of the three contenders are wildly different from each other, so predictions about which will win are all across the board.[/quote]I copied the entire article from [url="http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/02/01/wii_ps3_war_of_words/"]here[/url] when I spotted it on GoogleNews.

Personally, I think this is Sony trying to talk tough, despite the sales figures showing the Wii with just over 4 million sales and the Ps3 with just over 1.6. They still believe they have a chance to not only come back but to beat the Wii. Well, good luck to them, they'll need it! :D

Also, On a related topic:
Gabe Newell, who works for the Gaming Company Valve (Half-life 1 & 2) has labelled the ps3 a 'total disaster'
[quote name='Gabe Newell'] "The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a "do over". Just say, "This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it". The happy story is the Wii. I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, Nintendo Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy. I really like everything that Nintendo is doing."[/quote]

The Gabe Newell articlie can be viewed [url="http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755493p1.html"]here.[/url]

Posted

I totally agree, Sony has crippled itself with the ridiculous PS3 and is now trying to make itself look better. It should cut its losses and run. Try again Sony, but Nintendo would have killed you by then, so maybe not?

Posted

not exactly sure wat to say here... but Sony has definitely lost this battle. with wii coming 1st.

wii 1st? ...yes.

if all 3 consoles had come out at the exact same day, who wld win?

well lets say ps3 and wii came out at the same time... ps3 - 1.6mill --- wii - 4mill ---

wat about 360? well lets roll back for a moment. im not exactly sure how much consoles for the 360 wer sold in the 1st month. but was it 4mill? i doubt it. that's my opinion. [im not sure how many 360s wer sold at that time. so don't criticize me]

Posted

The first thing i have to say on the topic is:
[size=4]SUCK ON THAT SONY[/size]

Sorry about that, but anyway. Sony has indeed lost the 3rd generation battle. As was stated in the article, Sony paid more attention to the media aspect than the gaming one. Okay I must agree having something like that might be good; but for the other prices you have to pay for having a PS3 or XBox360, it's not worth it. These are things like gameplay and cost. Neither Microsoft nor Sony gave any thought to either of these. You have to have a very deep wallet before you can even consider purchasing either of the two.

Nintendo on the other hand has done very well. The sales and overall playability of the Wii have far outmatched those of the other systems.
To Sony and Microsoft I say: "Get out now and accept your losses, you have failed before the might that is Nintendo"
People may have thought that the Wii was a gimmick, or a last ditch attempt at glory after the fiasco of the Gamecube. But it is much, much more.

Posted

I like Wii a lot and I like PS a lot 2. So getting both consoles, thats great.

SONY is going trough tough times now, wii all now that. But on March 23rd they will ship 2.000.000 Million PS3 to Europe! Wii just shipped 350.000 on December 8th.

Thats pretty nice for PS3. A Giant step for GREAT console! :grinninglink:

Posted

More Wiis are European-bound.

Let's look at why the PS3 phailes, shall we?

1.Terrible games.
2. Terrible cost.
3.Terrible third party support.

Let's watch the Wii counter it's failures and improve on IT'S improvements.

1. Not so good graphics, but when done right, are more stunning than ANYTHING you'll EVER see. (In TP on the Wii, try standing on the highest ledge of Lake Hylia at dusk, when it's going from day to night. Stunning...just...stunning.)
2.Third Parties are ALL UP ONS (Strong Bad Joke...Means they're all over) the Wii.
3.What? IT's only 250 dollars USD? You're kidding. Naa..noo, it's not true. Stunning graphics, low cost, AND huuuuge third party support? It can't be done!

Ahem.

This made me laugh so hard.

[quote][b]"Wii could be considered an impulse buy more that anything else, but we believe the PS3 will be the console to attract hardcore, committed gamers, while Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players," said Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) spokesperson Dave Karraker.[/b][/quote]

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! Still laughing. Attract HARDCORE? Um, Nintendo succeeded with that by NOT releasing crappy games from a single console for download. And just look at it's huge, not crap for crap lineup of games. Sony, admit defeat, and MAYBE I'll buy your next console. If Nintendo didn't blow IT out of the water with the Wii already.

Oh, and Wii Online is free.

Oh, and I'm also a third party gamer. I was at EB last night.

"Wow, look Mom. It's the PS3." *Picks up controller, presses a button* "This sucks...."

*Goes to the counter* "Do you have a Wiimote to play the Wii on demo over there?" "Yeah....Here" *Is handed Wiimote* *Turns on TP* "WOO! Just like at home!"

*coughs up blood*

[/rant]

Posted

its true that wii has sold more then ps3, but ps3 hasent been realesd in europe yet and i think its gonna sell quite gd ovr here, not as good as wii though.
but wii is not the winner xbox 360 has sold way more than wii. i vant understand what people see in the 360, i mean... well... it sucks.

Posted

Go Wii, Also PSthrii :D

Posted

[quote name='Twili' post='27138' date='Feb 2 2007, 05:27 AM']Sony has indeed lost the 3rd generation battle.[/quote]
ACTUALLY....this is the third generation battle between Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. :D For Nintendo, this is the 5th generation. Heck, for Microsoft, it's the [i]2nd[/i] generation. :D (Not including PCs, of course.) People don't [i]want[/i] the PS3. That's why I walked into the store looking for a Wii, couldn't find any, but there were at least [i]six[/i] of Sony's latest paperweights there. :D Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players? I suppose that's why I can't get enough of it. (Woot for sarcasticness!) Notice that Nintendo normally has the least third-party support.....except for now. All the companies want to make something on the Wii.

Long story short: The PS3 is a flop. Duh.

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='27184' date='Feb 2 2007, 10:10 PM']ACTUALLY....this is the third generation battle between Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. :D For Nintendo, this is the 5th generation. Heck, for Microsoft, it's the [i]2nd[/i] generation. :D (Not including PCs, of course.) People don't [i]want[/i] the PS3. That's why I walked into the store looking for a Wii, couldn't find any, but there were at least [i]six[/i] of Sony's latest paperweights there. :D Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players? I suppose that's why I can't get enough of it. (Woot for sarcasticness!) Notice that Nintendo normally has the least third-party support.....except for now. All the companies want to make something on the Wii.

Long story short: The PS3 is a flop. Duh.[/quote]

Well Said Ganon. :lol:

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='27184' date='Feb 3 2007, 07:40 AM']ACTUALLY....this is the third generation battle between Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. :D For Nintendo, this is the 5th generation. Heck, for Microsoft, it's the [i]2nd[/i] generation. :D (Not including PCs, of course.) People don't [i]want[/i] the PS3. That's why I walked into the store looking for a Wii, couldn't find any, but there were at least [i]six[/i] of Sony's latest paperweights there. :D Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players? I suppose that's why I can't get enough of it. (Woot for sarcasticness!) Notice that Nintendo normally has the least third-party support.....except for now. All the companies want to make something on the Wii.

Long story short: The PS3 is a flop. Duh.[/quote]
I know that Nintendo is 5th generation, and Xbox is in it's second.
It's just that the generation counting starts from N64 and PS1. Although Xbox is still only in it's 2nd, it is stil classed as a 3rd.

Posted

GUYS. You'll all be wrong when PS3 will win the war!

Posted

[quote name='Daniel' post='27224' date='Feb 2 2007, 04:41 PM']GUYS. You'll all be wrong when PS3 will win the war![/quote]

ROFL... Thats funny. Very funny. :D but its all about Wii so SHUT UP! :angry:
Im not sayin its bad its just PS3 is not as good as i thought it would

Posted

I'm just saying to make you angry. I'm just kidding man! :D

Posted

Sony already lost this console war so they should stop saying lies about that they will be winning later and all that, they lost thats all :angry: