Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Big Dumb Timeline Question

24 posts in this topic

Posted

That doesn't happen. If you'll notice, Twilight Princess Link starts out with the Triforce of Courage. This can only mean that he is a descendent of OoT Link. Wind Waker Link, who is not a descendent, has to collect the Triforce of Courage all over again.

Posted

but what if bear with me here the goddesses actully create a new Link every time instead of reincarnation

That seems less reality destroying. Sure.

I disagree. I think they didn't care much about the chronology until Ocarina of Time, but after that, they've been careful to point out each game's place in the story.

That's true, but still..... meh.

Wait, Lionheart, what are you talking about? What doesn't happen?

Posted

nor in any game do they state his age

Yes they do. In the official Nintendo Power Zelda Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide, it says Link is 10 when he starts his quest, making Adult Link 17, just like Twilight Princess (I think)

Posted

Yes they do. In the official Nintendo Power Zelda Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide, it says Link is 10 when he starts his quest, making Adult Link 17, just like Twilight Princess (I think)

But that is not said in-game so I pwn you with a tecnicality

Posted

Reincarnation every new Link. Wind Waker is an obvious counter to that. And Twilight Princess must be a direct descendent of one of the Links, most likely OoT. There's no other explanation as to why he's holding the triforce of Courage.

Posted

Reincarnation every new Link. Wind Waker is an obvious counter to that. And Twilight Princess must be a direct descendent of one of the Links, most likely OoT. There's no other explanation as to why he's holding the triforce of Courage.

Oh, okay. I've always supported a common relation among the many Links. It would explain why those that are never revealed as "Hero(s) Chosen by the Gods" have green clothes and sword fighting skills.

Posted

But in WW OoT Link never died in the adult timeline so how did he get reincarnated

Posted

That's what I'm saying; there isn't a reincarnation. Wind Waker Link is a whole new Link.

Posted

this all sounds familar oh ya I addresssed it in my Wind Waker discussion