Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why I won't buy Spirit Tracks...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

You see, I know it's probably a great game and all, but the Design of the train is just too unrealistic for me.

Why? I'm a railfan, or maybe not that, but a general railroad enthusiast, so I know how that type of engine works.

Where's the tender? Without it, there's no fuel supply to the engine, and thus it will not run. (The only exception being tank engines)

This only applies to steam engines, like the train in spirit tracks.

Also, you can't build a machine that will have a fire inside it most of the time out of wood! It would roast in seconds.

It's not just Spirit Tracks, it's anything that depicts a steam engine that isn't a tank engine like that.

Further explanation when requested. *opens furnace for flames

Posted

Are you trying to troll or are you just being a know-it-all queer?

Regardless, your topic probably won't get the kind of responses you want.

I'm sorry. Seeing this kind of thing just irks me. I also said I'm sure it's an excellent, solid game besides that.

Also, I'm the hidden third thing you mentioned. A nitpick, AND PROUD!

Posted

I just don't understand why, unsolicited, you felt compelled to tell us all about engines.

Err, yeah. This should probably have been posted in rants and raves.

Posted

I think they were going more for aesthetics than realism. It's made out of polygons, so it'll work magically. So they just need to make it look Zelda-y.

Posted

I think they were going more for aesthetics than realism. It's made out of polygons, so it'll work magically. So they just need to make it look Zelda-y.

If someone could make a mod where there's just a coal car between the Locomotive and the Cannon, I'd be happy, and I'd be ecstatic if it included

a skin to make it look like the Loco was made of metal, and the coal car had a section that looked like a water container.

Throw a nitpicky railfan a bone Nintendo (kidding)!

Posted

Actually, at a certain point in the game, you can buy metallic-looking train cars, among other extra cars. They probably didn't include the coal car because of restrictions on resources.

Posted

come on, man. You shouldn't pass up a game like this just because the blue prints for the train are ridiculous. 99% of the stuff in video games would backfire. That doesn't make chainsaw bayonets any less fun.

Also, Its a magic engine, so clearly it works regardless of physics. Accept that as fact. Then you will enjoy this game.

and yeah, you can get different skins for your train. look them up. I got the full skull set.

Posted

come on, man. You shouldn't pass up a game like this just because the blue prints for the train are ridiculous. 99% of the stuff in video games would backfire. That doesn't make chainsaw bayonets any less fun.

Also, Its a magic engine, so clearly it works regardless of physics. Accept that as fact. Then you will enjoy this game.

and yeah, you can get different skins for your train. look them up. I got the full skull set.

Oh, it's magic? That makes it completely different! Thanks man! However this is different from chainsaw bayonets. That's protected by the rule of cool (If you don't know what that is, look it up on TV Tropes).

Posted

Meh it was enjoyable 1/100 of the time. I just don't want to finish it because it's a pain in the ass and I already know the ending so to me I beat the game.

Posted

I already know the ending so to me I beat the game.

For shame... :c

Posted

Well there's two other reasons, but they suck just as bad.

Like for one I'm too lazy and two I can't get past the first f***ing room. It's too hard. >_<

Posted

That's like saying reading sparknotes is the same as reading the book.

Anyway, on topic, It's Zelda. Which is, may I note, a fantasy. Fantasy =/= Reality.

Posted

Well there's two other reasons, but they suck just as bad.

Like for one I'm too lazy and two I can't get past the first f***ing room. It's too hard. >_<

Suprisingly, yeah. D: The first two puzzles confused me, so I didn't play again for like, a week. The I realized how easy they were... Getting used to playing the Spirit Flute is a bish, once you get it, you're set... But then when you stop playing, you've gotta learn all over again. :C

Posted

what room are you talking about thats hard? I mean, this is a zelda site. WE CAN HELP YOU.

Posted

I don't remember.

It's dark and there's phantoms everywhere. Or it's the one with the lava pit. I don't remember.