Majora's Mask

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So, like... was MM designed to sell guides? The entire game has no sense of direction. In order to not be a Deku, you have to play a random minigame (that it's possible to completely overlook), look through the telescope at a certain place (admittedly rather prominent) to make the Moon Pearl appear, and then take it to some random NPC. All this before you're even allowed to use your sword. I like the dungeons and a lot of the masks, but I don't like the way I practically need to buy a laptop just so I'll have it beside me.

Just a bit of a rant.

Posted

I have a feeling this thread is going to get a lot of hate soon.

Posted

I didn't think it was hard to complete the whole Deku 3 days bit, do you mean that they don't tell you to shoot the Bomber kid's balloon? I thought that was obvious might just be me, oh well :/

300th post! Yay!

Posted

What?!

I got to thw stone Temple without a guide!The only parts you need a guide for are the temples.

Zelda games aren't supposed to be self explanatory,nor straight forward.It expects you to think

Posted

Well, the part that got me was the Deku Scrub. There was no indication that he did anything unless you got the cutscene, which was quite easy to miss.

Also, the Deku Palace. You go behind it, when it would seem logical to try to find exits in either of the mazes.

Anyway, I'm in Great Bay now. I like the game, just not the parts where you are forced to go to IGN. And hey, opinions differ. I just needed to get this out of my system.

Posted

You're never forced to go to IGN. With enough exploration, everything in the game is fairly obvious. Pay attention to conversations.

Posted

i have never once used a guide for any nintendo game

Posted

The deku bit didn't seem that hard.

If everything was so easy and right infront of you it wouldn't be very fun.

the only time I've ever used a guide is in stone tower, but other than that everything else seemed achievable once enough time and effort was put in.