Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSi XL Unbox 'n Comparing

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Yet again, I got my hands on Nintendo's most recent released console. This time the DSi XL!
In the video, which you can view after the jump, contains a little unboxing, and showing off the DSi XL itself. Than I compare the quality of these large screens, with the DS Lite using the game: "The legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks".

------

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4JUIz3IKA[/media][/center]

The screens really are better than the Lite. Nintendo managed to not have a stretched screen quality if playing games. And it looks even better too! And bigger, ofcourse.

It doesn't weight much, but it won't fit in most pockets, as we expected.
It's nice desing. I personally would upgrade to the DSi XL instead of the DSi, as I already have a DS lite, and I only would care for bigger screens.

Thanks to a friends father I could have this DSi XL in my hands and make video of it, he did let me have it for a while. As I had to prepare this DSi XL with some stuff.
I'm kinda stunned about the DSi XL, I didn't expect it to be this good.

Last word about this:
Nintendo, you made a great handheld, don't ruin it. Go ahead and make a new handheld console so we can have even better graphic games in our pockets playing them everywhere we want to.

Posted

[quote name='Largely Legendary' date='11 April 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1271008491' post='294413']
no one cares
[/quote]

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I personally don't feel the need to upgrade. I'm happy with my DSi at the moment. I will, however upgrade to the 3DS when the time comes.

Posted

next will be the DSipad. j/k nice unveiling though. good stuff

Posted

Wow, it looks really nice. haing a bigger screen would be nice, but I don't think I can afford to get a new handheld. My DS Lite will do for now, and I'll start saving up for the 3DS or whatever they decide to call it. Hopefully they'll have that one available in colours like chocolate brown like they did with the XL. I think the difference in screen size might encourage more handheld games to make use of stunning graphics. Who knows? Maybe the next-gen console will keep the screen size more of the DSi XL, so the small screen won't be as much of a hurdle for game developers.

Thanks for posting the comparison video.

Posted

[quote name='Jared!' date='12 April 2010 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1271035459' post='294511']
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
[/quote]
Well that's just plain wrong.

Posted

No its not.

Posted

[quote name='Jareddude' date='18 April 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1271616177' post='295603']
No its not.
[/quote]
Ever heard of criticism? It's not very nice, but it has to be said.

Posted

Your so silly

Posted

I LOVE my DSI waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much to upgrade , i mean i cry when i drop it on a pillow i am very protective of it. but the DSIXL is shiney

Posted

[quote name='Silves' date='18 April 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1271620367' post='295628']
Ever heard of criticism? It's not very nice, but it has to be said.
[/quote]

Ever heard of [i]constructive[/i] criticism?

You don't tell someone that they're doing something wrong, you tell them how them how they could do it [i]better[/i].

If it isn't constructive than it's unnecessary and practically the[i] textbook definition[/i] of cyber bullying.