Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Golden Sun

12 posts in this topic

Posted

So how many of us used to play this game and long forgotten about please discuss the game here and reflect on old times

Posted

My friend told me about it so I tried it. I forgot about it until now, but from what I remember it was pretty good. I only beat the first part though.

Posted

I can't wait for the third one. It's gonna be for the DS.

Posted

Golden Sun <3

Posted

It looks good, and I've heard it's fun. What's the game about?

Posted

It looks good, and I've heard it's fun. What's the game about?

Golden Sun starts in a town called Vale. The main character Isaac (you) is woken up by his mother. A cataclysmic storm has erupted and is threatening to destroy the village, the Mount Aleph bolder a precariously placed chunk of rock (for some reason) is moments away from falling. The only thing keeping it at bay is a group of people using Psynergy (Telepathic based abilities that accomplish certain things). Isaac meets up with his friend Garet and the two hurry down the mountainous village to the town center. But along the way they are drawn to chaos as mutual friend Jenna's brother Felix has fallen into rushing rapids. While trying to find help for Felix, Isaac and Garet are attacked by two strangers (Saturos and Menardi) and are knocked unconscious. The boulder falls devistating Vale and killing dozens (including Isaac's father and Jenna's brother Felix).

Three Years Later...

After the disaster life is returning to normal. Isaac, Garet and Jenna are learning Psynergy and are investigating Mount Aleph with Kraden an old Scholar. The group discovers that the temple, Sol Sanctum inside the mount is open and are again met with force my Saturos and Menardi along with a masked accomplice. After capturing Jenna and Kraden the two order Garet and Isaac to collect the Elemental Stars, powerful orbs (Venus, Mercury, Jupiter and Mars) from their resting places. After the final star (Mars) is collected the mount begins to erupt again, Saturos and Menardi had tried unsuccessfully to get the stars three years earlier causing the previous eruption. With three out of four stars, Saturos, Menardi and their masked ally (Jenna's much alive brother Felix) escape with their two prisoners leaving Isaac and Garet at the mercy of The Guardian (a floating rock with an eye and mouth). But luckly the guardian is benevolent and helps the two escape from the collapsing chamber.

Once outside Garet and Isaac alert the towns people to what had transpired in Sol Sanctum. It seems that Saturos and Menardi plan to use the stars to reignite the mystical flames of the elemental lighthouses returning Alchemy to the world. The two heroes leave Vale and embark on a quest that will take them across the face of their world. Along the way they meet new allies, Ivan a loyal servant to is Master Hammet and Mia a kindly healer (both whom have psynergy abilities, Wind and Water respectively). The group also encounters Djinn (magical creatures released by the removal of the stars from Sol Sanctum). Each Djinn controls certain aspects of nature (Fire, Water, Earth and Wind) increasing or augmenting the users Psynergy. Once enough Djinn are collected, they can be used to summon fierce beasts for use in turn based combat (my favorite being the Earth attack "Judgement"), a frequent occurrence in the game. Golden Sun ends abruptly with the lighting of Venus Lighthouse (the second to be lit, with the first being Mercury) by Saturos, Menardi, Felix and Newcomers Sheba and Alex.

Unable to save their friends Isaac, Garet, Mia and Ivan decide to look for the mysterious land of Lemuria for the ailing 150 year old merchant Babi, and the other two lighthouses as well...but that's another story (Golden Sun: The Lost Age).

Posted

Dude, Phoenix, you came to this site once, only once, like several months ago, then disappeared, and now here you are making a thread. Dude, where've you been?

Posted

Dude, Phoenix, you came to this site once, only once, like several months ago, then disappeared, and now here you are making a thread. Dude, where've you been?

Schools been keeping me back from doing much and right now I'm even at school and I've also been working on my video game walkthroughs on youtube

Posted

I love Golden Sun with all my heart. It's amazing. The sequel is LOOOOONG though. But that isn't a bad thing.

Posted

Hopefully, Golden Sun ds is the same in length

Posted

I am literally foaming at the mouth just thinking about this game again. I played the first Golden Sun like five times. And I don't usually repeat games. Was it the first one where you could get the amazing sword whose critical hit involved dropping a giant meteorite or minor sun on top of the opponent?

By the way, the main bad guys were whack; especially the blond one's hair was funky.

Posted

Good old Gs2 and the sol blade