Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you have a gap or were you missing a tooth at the time? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely interested.

Posted

I was born without it, and I'm still missing with it, yeah. My mom has offered countless times to get me surgery for a new prosthetic tooth, and otherwise insists that I wear my bottom retainer which has a fake tooth on it too, but I prefer the gap since it's just always been that way for me. No offense taken.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Good on you. I have a tooth thing too. My upper canines are baby teeth. The real ones never came in, so I got these weird disproportionate nubs

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

*~WEIRD TEETH CLUB~*

Current members:

1. pheonix561

2. Necropolis

Posted

Good on you. I have a tooth thing too. My upper canines are baby teeth. The real ones never came in, so I got these weird disproportionate nubs

My canines came in over my baby teeth, they are protruding out from the gum line. Basically I have real life vampire teeth. I also have a second row of teeth on the bottom jaw.

teeth_weirdness__by_savantiromero-d8n8qw

Posted

YOU'RE LIKE A SHARK

*~WEIRD TEETH CLUB~*

Current members:

1. pheonix561

2. Necropolis

3. Otis McNutt

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

YOU'RE LIKE A SHARK

Picture+2.png

Just call me Bruce.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I had a grey tooth when I was a kid, if that counts. I forget which tooth it was, but I believe it was in the upper right section of my mouth. It has since fallen out

Posted

I had a grey tooth when I was a kid, if that counts. I forget which tooth it was, but I believe it was in the upper right section of my mouth. It has since fallen out

That is called a "Dead Tooth". I'm sure that it counts.

Posted

It does not count. You do not get to join the weird teeth club. When your teeth stop being weird you are not a member of the weird teeth club.

Posted

my teeth are actually beautiful and wonderful and I never even got braces which is nice because braces are one of those stupid awful corrective procedures that doctors sham people with in america

Posted

I kind of wish I had braces, because two of my bottom row teeth jut kind of awkwardly into my mouth. It wouldn't have been an issue if I pulled the baby teeth there before the adult ones came in, but ever since they've caused me discomfort because my tongue rests pressing against them. My front teeth are also more perpendicular to my facing direction than they are naturally curved with the rest of my mouth. It doesn't look bad though, especially since these imperfections are symmetrical. I just wish I pulled those baby teeth sooner. I think sometime later in life I might get braces just to correct it. The sooner the better though. Why live life with a slight discomfort if you can help it, etc.?

I got my teeth from my mom too, which is disappointing, because her teeth are stellar A+ and I would totally have stellar A+ teeth if I just took care of them a little better.

Also you guys, all of you should totally invest in mechanical toothbrushes and water flossers. They are both magical and practical.

5168WCOZj4L._SL1127_.jpg

Water flossers are supposedly more effective than regular flossing (the box advertises like a 90% improvement in cleanliness) and they're a lot more practical too. And they're pretty cheap at like 50 dollars. No wrapping strings around your fingers and rubbing around in there while also trying to avoid cutting into your gums like a maniac. You pretty much just shoot water in between each of your teeth for a few seconds and spit out the water every once in awhile. There's also a cordless version, which I have, but I'd prefer one that has a higher water capacity so I don't have to refill so often. My mechanical toothbrush is by Oral B. I bought replacement heads awhile ago that are also meant to have "flossing action" but I don't buy that really. I just like how well it brushes my teeth. It has a pressure sensitivity gauge too, so the toothbrush tells you when you're brushing too hard, and it also beeps every thirty seconds to let you know when you've brushed a full two minutes.

Going back to my previous point, I think it's better to be concerned about the things you'll live the rest of your life with earlier on. I'd have gotten this stuff sooner if I knew about it. Flossing is like crazy important to dental health. Supposedly even more important than the brushing part.

Posted

My teeth are made of pickles does that count

Knuckle likes this

Posted

In terms of dentistry/orthodontics, I've had a shit tonne done, man. I've had braces twice in my life. My teeth grew in terribly when I was a kid and so the first time I had them they were just for my top four teeth since they were so crooked. Then I had full-mouth a few years later. I had a terrible experience with getting my wisdom teeth out 4 years ago and I got 3 cavities this year. ugh. I take good care of them, too.

also ophthalmology/optometry. Had terrible vision, -7.50/-7.00 diopters for my prescription. wore glasses/contacts forever. I've had my contacts suffocate my eyes, pinkeye, a lot of nasty dryness (that I still deal with). then got lasik, eyes got even more fry but at least I have perfect vision now. however the dry eye (as it is a disease) prevents my left eye from seeing 20/20, it's still a bit blurry and shit. 

pheonix561 likes this