Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea, exactly! I also thought the characters were much more interesting. In DBZ, all the heroes were rewritten as aliens. Meh.

Yup. I mean they changed Piccolo from a demon to an alien. I mean I like the whole being super sayin thing and the intese battles of DBZ, but I like the simple cliff hangers of DB. I mean it's obvious Goku will win, but you don't know how because the battles twist so much and keeps you interested. Also I don't like how in DBZ the enemies have like 2 or 3 transformations to reach full power. It's cool, but it gets annoying after a while.

Posted

When did I mention post quantity? Quality is most deff better, but then again, you shouldn't be bragging either. I mean, WHO ARE YOU?

Yup. I mean they changed Piccolo from a demon to an alien. I mean I like the whole being super sayin thing and the intese battles of DBZ, but I like the simple cliff hangers of DB. I mean it's obvious Goku will win, but you don't know how because the battles twist so much and keeps you interested. Also I don't like how in DBZ the enemies have like 2 or 3 transformations to reach full power. It's cool, but it gets annoying after a while.

Dude, that battle with Roshi/Jackie Chun (Think that was his alias) was intense.

Posted

I know. The most intense was the battle between Goku and Tien during their first fight. I actually had no idea who was going to win so it actually surpised me though most of the match.

Posted

I'm Addictee, Dr. Dimension, The Goblin, Marquis, Spuds31 and Luke Dalton.

I'm a 14-year old who enjoys roleplaying and video games. I try to be friends with most people I meet, though some can prove distasteful. Most people ask me what my football team is, even though I like soccer more. I like Star Wars. I thinks it a great series that has managed to stay alive for more than 30 years, and it continues to grow. My favorite movie genres are Comedy and Action. I Like Red vs. Blue. I know I'm on of the millions who could say that, but I really like it.

I don't read a lot of books, but a few series i have read are Cirque du Freak, Pendragon and Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I don't like Harry Potter. I think J. K. Rowling just looked at Narnia and Lord of the Rings and thought "What a great way to make money!"

I think Halo is also a great series. Not just because its epic, but also because its realistic. I like both fantasy and Sci-fi. Movies I've enjoyed are all the Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, Throw momma from the train, All Star Wars movies, Gamer and Megamind. Thats not all.

Shall I go on?

Posted

Dr. Dimension? Now I remember you.

Posted

Wow what a long bio.

Also Star Wars> Harry Potter> Lord of the Rings

I didn't enjoy LotR too much. Then again I only played a crappy Xbox game of it, but I've seen part of it. It looks like one of those generic fantasy movies with one of those over used plots.

Also I've seen Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3, but from what I've seen the movies aren't that good and they're really hard to follow.

Posted

Oh shit, you are 14? Damn, I seriously thought you were someone else. (Like I said, who are you?) So yea, I assumed you were older and just acting like a brat. But since your body matches your mentality, then I should probably lay-off. I mean, I was a super dork at 14 as well, so I know what it's like. So yea, sorry for trolling you.

But damn, WHO was that guy that I thought you were???

One thing though- Narnia is NOTHING like LotR and neither is anything like Harry Potter. They have similar settings, sure, but they are way different.

Narnia is a Christian allegory, filled with many relations to the religion.

LotR is basically an epic, I don't know a ton about it past that, since I only read the Hobbit.

And Harry Potter is a coming of age story.

So yea, all are way different.

Wow what a long bio.

Also Star Wars> Harry Potter> Lord of the Rings

I didn't enjoy LotR too much. Then again I only played a crappy Xbox game of it, but I've seen part of it. It looks like one of those generic fantasy movies with one of those over used plots.

Also I've seen Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3, but from what I've seen the movies aren't that good and they're really hard to follow.

Haha, YLA, LotR isn't a generic plot, it was the basic foundation for all modern fantasy tales. If anything, it's fresh and everything else is generic and over done.

PS- The movie is a book adaptation that is hella old.

Posted

No wait I'm thinking of a different movie I watched. I only played the LotR game. Never mind reguard what I just said. I know nothing of LotR.

Posted

Harry potter is nothing like Lord of the Rings. I lol'd when I read that.

I was never in to Lord of the Rings, but my older brother was crazy involved. He thought Aragorn was the shit. The movies were all right, but YLA you might enjoy the book if you read books. I wouldn't dismiss something like that because you played a bad game of it, or because you only saw part of it.

Posted

Pirates of the Caribbean series sucks so hard, but in it's defense, you probably had a difficult time following parts 2 and 3 because, you know, you missed the first one. XP

Posted

I'll probably watch the movies.

Also I only watched 2 and 3 because my friend was like, "You want to watch Pirates of the Carribean? I have 2 and 3." I said, "I've never seen the first one." He said, "You don't need to see the first to know what's going on." How wrong he was.

Posted

So guys, two of my friends, who are more of good acquaintances and less of actual friends, want me to write a comic about them and their cats or something. I unno. I wanna do this because I wanna draw one of the guys so badly and I think it'll be good practice. Not to mention, I'd like to be better friends with them. They want a whole back story and I'm thinking about making it a mini web comic. Mini as in it will end and not go on forever. So any ideas?

I'm thinking-- maybe the cats are the reincarnation of past humans... or something. Dunno. But yea, any ideas?

Posted

LotR was originally just a book called "The Hobbit" but then expanded to four books when J.R.R. Tolkien wrote the three Lord of the Rings books.

Something to respect about LotR is just how much effort J.R.R. Tolkien put into writing them.

Vintage is right, it is the basis for all fairy tales. J.R.R. was the guy who first wrote about Orcs.

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are two of my favorite universes. What I hate is there's a lot more Lord of the Rings than most people see. Most people see the movies and say they're a dedicated fan. If your a dedicated fan, buy the Silmarillion and memorize it.

Also, Vintage, please, for gods sake, please don't EVER talk about my mentality.

Posted

I like the first Pirates of the Caribbean, the others were kind of stupid imo. Lord of the Rings was cool too. As for Harry Potter I enjoyed the books, but not the movies.

Posted

Guys. First Pirates of the Caribbean was great. It also wasn't designed for a sequel. They made two, three, and are coming out with four. I advise all of you to decide that the first one was good and just forget about everything else.