Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Could you go Vegan?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondering which parts of the usual Western diet would be hardest for people to give up. This could be because your doctor says you should, or because meat and dairy suddenly became very expensive, or because you think it's ethical. Myself, I could give up meat and eggs, but dairy would be very hard for me. I don't drink cow's milk anymore (I pour almond milk on my cereal), and there are substitutes to ice cream, but cheese is the killer for me. I LOVE CHEESE.

Posted

I couldn't, just because I love bacon egg and cheese sandwiches. Greatest breakfast sandwich ever.

But I have stopped eating dairy. Except cheese. I'm absolutely crackers about cheese. But yeah, no milk or yogurt or anything.

Posted

My friend used to be a huge dickhole about being a vegan. He's cool now, though.

Posted

No. I live off eating meat.

Posted

I would go 2 hours then succumb to cravings for cheese, bacon, yogurt,and steak.

Posted

Here's a few good reasons not to give up meat:

• Steak
  • Beef
  • Bacon
  • Ham
  • Sausage
  • Hot Dogs
  • Hamburgers
  • Pork

I rest my case.

Posted

I like meat and dairy, but honestly, I could probably handle being a vegan. I wouldn't enjoy it much, but I could do it.

Posted

I've been thinking about a vegetarian (I know it's not the same as vegan) diet lately, because I have a pretty terrible history of heart disease in my family and it could do me some good. But I don't know if I could follow through with it. Meat is sooo tasty. :<

Posted

I'm already a vegetarian, so giving up meat is no problem. Eggs...well, I could probably do that. But there's no way I could live without dairy products.

Posted

I could never go Vegan. I was born an omnivore and I'll die an omnivore. Have you ever seen a vegan, I used to work with one. The guy was always pale and lethargic. Sure he took supplements for vitamins and minerals but nothing beats a big 16oz Black Angus steak, a generous helping of egg and potato salad and a cold beer on a hot summer day.

Posted

I could never go Vegan. I was born an omnivore and I'll die an omnivore. Have you ever seen a vegan, I used to work with one. The guy was always pale and lethargic. Sure he took supplements for vitamins and minerals but nothing beats a big 16oz Black Angus steak, a generous helping of egg and potato salad and a cold beer on a hot summer day.

Posted

I think this should be in serious discussions.

Anyways, I could go vegan, but only if I had to. Like, if I were too poor to afford meat or all the cows went extinct or something. Until that day I will feast on delicious red meat.

Posted

Eh, I don't think it's serious enough for "Serious Discussions". It basically boils down to 'So I herd you liek meatz?'

I'm slowly cutting my diet down by doing away with conventionally-farmed dairy, eggs, and meats. And I've pretty much cut out pork save for the very, very occasional bacon. So much fat, but so delicious. Maybe I could go Vegan after they've come out with more varieties of cheese substitutes. But I still don't think they'll be like the real thing. I mean, you can't age soy like you can cheese. Fermented soy turns into miso. Aged cheese turns into deliciousness.

Not that miso isn't delicious. I loves me some miso soup. <3

Posted

I wouldn't want to go Vegitarian. I eat healthy non-junk foods, but I'm somewhat anorexic >_<

But I haven't touched fast food in forever. That's one thing I don't want to go back to, and will probably never miss.

I said wouldn't want to though. If circumstance made me have to, I'd bite the bullet.

Posted

I still remember the first (and last) time I had a vegetable burger. "Oh it tastes just like meat" my mom said. Really cause to me it tasted like a carpet sample boiled in sewer water then stored in a crack whores underwear for a month.