Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally Got a PS3

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Congrats :)

My impressions where good too about this PS3 (Coming from Wii haha) let Xbox360 die already.

Anyhow, I can't go Online as I refuse Sony to remove OtherOS from my 60GB Phat PS3 (with 320GB HDD replaced)

And ofcourse, Homebrew possibilities on 3.15 and below. (Yet though OtherOS with limitations)

Though my PSN is: Adr990

In case I ever will update/get cfw / bypass to get online :P

I have LBP GoYE and Mirrors Edge (really you should get Mirrors Edge ) GT5 and ofcourse, 3D Dot Game Heroes! :D (Zelda for PS3 haha)

If you did like to temporaly play Medal Honor online:

http://www.haxnetwork.net/2010/07/medal-of-honor-free-beta-key-for-pc-and-ps3/ (beta)

Last note:

You can use Mic 'n Audio to USB devices on PS3, so no need for Bluetooth expensive stuff.

(Also USB Keyboard and Mouse)

Posted

Killzone 2 is a better game than Modern Warfare 2, in some respects. Gameplay-wise, yeah I would say it is definitely better. However, the story leaves a lot to be desired. MW2 wasn't much better, but it was better story-wise. Also, I don't know if this will bug you or not, but in Killzone they say puppy like, every other word. When you're trying to play around little kids or your parents, it's just not very satisfying to mute the tv. Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer is pretty terrible compared to the first one's, but Killzone 2's isn't much better. I would play CoD4 over Killzone 2 multiplayer any day.

But yeah, invest in these games because I highly recommend them:

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

MGS4

and, if the mood strikes you (these are all very good games, but very different and you may not fancy them):

LittleBigPlanet

The Orange Box

Valkyria Chronicles

Killzone 2

Demon's Souls

and, if you don't have these on xbox:

Fallout 3

Red Dead Redemption

Assassin's Creed II

Bioshock

Arkham Asylum

Posted

Yeah, CoD and games like that aren't as fun as Sci-Fi shooters. Something about modern, realistic war is a turn-off.

Posted

... Fallout was a modern-realistic war-time setting. >:C That game had a LASER RIFLE.

We've got that maaan, it's only like... 500 years in our future, changed by The Great War.

Posted

I'm confused. :<

Posted

That's because you don't quite have a brain like mine, yet...

Posted

Fallout wasn't really a shooter, though. Yes, you do have guns, and yes, you do shoot them. But, I'd hardly compare it to Modern Warfare, Killzone, Halo, etc. It's definitely more RPG than shooter.

Posted

I wouldn't either, plus, I 'd use more melee than ranged-weapon.

This is why I said "If you consider it a shooter."

I still think the combat is still governed by mostly RPG aspects/mechanics, but it gives the impression of shooter.

It's like how some consider Zelda an RPG while others simply consider it Action/Adventure. The series does contain RPG-like aspects, such as the building of a character. After beating bosses, you would receive chances to strengthen Link's stamina with HEART CONTAINERS.

Among other aspects, like chickens... Chickens/cuccos = RPG

Posted

i like some shooters like Cod world at war and mw2. i have never played fallout3

psn=holden216

add me =D

Posted

Guess what I'm posting this from.

Posted

I'd say from your PS3, but that would be obvious. Maybe you're wanting us to think that.

Posted

Yes.

Posted

Hyrule.net's forums, one of the better looking sites on my TV...

The forums pretty much fit on the screen, which is cool. However, it upsets me whenever someone has a large enough signature (like me) and the page gets stretched over.

Posted

(And me :()

On my screen the red text in my sig's bigger and watery. Kinda hard to read.