Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocarina of Time 3DS footage

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, the reason that we see real life in 3D is because we have 2 eyes, not just one. A Camera only uses one eye, so when you play a video game or watch TV, it doesn't look truly 3D.

The way 3D works is by placing two images overlapping each other, and the rest i am a little sketchy on ._.;

Posted

What they used to do (unaware if they still do) is, in the theatres, place two cameras on a straight line, pointing at the screen at two different angles, in the altered tones that you can often see (certain hues of cyan and red, other colours too). This creates the overlapping images.

After wearing the specially designed 3D glasses, the images are filtered through the lenses and gave the image depth. The technique was called stereoscopy.

Posted

Nintendo still hasn't revealed how they do the 3D without glasses.

Posted

I know, Saha... It upsets me that I DON'T know.
However, I hope that one day I will.

Originally, I was under the impression that the 3DS would have a projector of sorts installed, in which it would stream rays of the screen rowards the player, essentially just making the screen or specific objects pop off as if 3D.

Though, that doesn't seem probable, seeing as we most likely would've seen that through the video presented to us... Unless it's still just a thing that "eyes" can see through first-hand experience...

It really sucks I won't be getting the 3DS or Ocarina of Time 3D... At least, not for a really long time.

Posted

OH DEAR GOD

THEY FINALLY INVENTED MAGIC!

Posted

@YLA: ? I wasn't talking about the... wait, now I'm confused. xD
But yeah, basically what Saha said. When actually using the 3DS, no glasses needed. When recording it through video, the camera does not pick up the 3D element, so it does not appear 3D on video. When you talked about having that argument with Jo about the fact that you don't need glasses because its too advance, you WERE talking about the 3DS, right? Because talking about a video recording of the 3DS would be stupid. ._.

Also, I randomly just tried to see if I could see it in 3D with movie theater Digital 3D glasses, and yeah, didn't work. xD Its as Saha said: it wasn't filmed with the intention of making it look 3D. Plus the space between the two overlapped screens (er... layers of the game? Not sure what to call it) is pretty wide.
Normally they would be closer together. And there would be a blurriness in the background (which there wasn't.)

Posted

[quote name='That-1guy' date='25 July 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1280093603' post='315063']
OH DEAR GOD

THEY FINALLY INVENTED MAGIC!
[/quote]
It's Nintendo, they created Nintendium years ago. You didn't think they'd be able to best it?

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='25 July 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1280072188' post='315009']
I thought you didn't need glasses.

Also for a minute it [b]almost[/b] looked cel-shaded, but maybe it's just the 3D effects make it look that way.
[/quote]

Oh my gosh, can you stop complaining?

And it looks awesome so far from what they showed. Much different from the originals intro.

Posted

That was a statement. Not a complain. If it was a complaint I could've said. "It's cel-shaded? What the hell. How the fuck can they screw up OoT? I mean really never never seen such bullshit in my life."

Posted

Although YLA should never be allowed to bring up cell-shading, he still didn't complain. Back off, Jared.

Posted

To me it sounded like he was trying to point it out.

I like the new jump into Castle Town and it shows the name.I just hope the final name is not "3d"

Posted

OoT cel shaded and 3D sounds pretty awesome.

Posted

Yeah, but whats so bad about pointing it out? Just because YLA doesn't like cel-shading and he just thought he might've glimpsed a bit of it doesn't mean that he meant to point it out as a way of saying "What the hell? What is this crap?"
No complaint, no case. Sorry Jared.

And, *agrees with Saha*

Posted

Okay, sorry.

Posted

I wanna see MM in "toon" style. Imagine the contrast between the bright, happy graphics against the dark storyline.