Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm getting sick of this...

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Ammonsa, do australians have different accents from different parts of australia, too?

Posted

Yeah, we do. However, they are nowhere near as different as yours. You guys probably wouldn't tell the difference. On the other hand, I can recognise some of your different accents and stuff. Our differences are a lot less pronounced than yours, but they do exist. For example, I have a victorian accent while most people who live around where I live have a New south wales accent because we live in the middle of NSW. Pretty much all our states sound slightly different, but then theres also the city/country accents. Most people are somewhere in the middle around where I live though.

This might help

Victoria is the smallest state and NSW is the one above it.

Posted

isnt that the general vicinity of where sydney is? have you ever been there?

Posted

Australia_Map.jpg

Sydney is in NSW. I live in Canberra which is surrounded by NSW but is technically not a part of it. Canberra is a territory. It's also the capital of Australia. Also, I go to Sydney a lot. Usually once a month.

Posted

I can do a perfect accent for any English-speaking dialect in the world, and often randomly switch to another one when the mood calls for it (Scottish when I'm mad, british when I'm explaining something, ect.)

My brother gets mad at me for it, though. He hates when I do anything not-normal, and yet when I copy him (The "Normal" one), he gets even more angry and tells me to stop copying him. What does he want from me?

Posted

Make a video with all the dialects now. We'll judge you.

Posted

Make a video with all the dialects now. We'll judge you.

Sorry Ammonsa, but I don't have video-making technology at my house. Plus I can't let you guys hear my voice, It would ruin my secret identity.

Posted

That doesn't matter. We can't let you go into the world thinking you can do a really good English accent when really it's total crap like every one else's.

Posted

Pheo. You so have an accent. You just don't hear it because it's you.

I have a really slight Southern accent just from living in Georgia for 14 years. I think when I talk faster it becomes more pronounced.

Also apparently my dad has a Spanish accent, but I have no idea. I can't tell at all.

Posted

I have to admit, after nineteen years living in the south, I still haven't gotten a strong accent. Maybe I just don't notice it's there.

Posted

I dont have an acceeeeeeent

Posted

People assume I talk like a hick because I live in Oklahoma.

I wasn't born here though, I don't really have an accent either.

Posted

oh hey boomie wherya been

Posted

Here and there, going insane and what not.

Posted

I have a slightly different accent from my friends, though I'm not sure why. I can understand being different from one of my friends, since he's from Minnesota, and I can understand being different from my girlfriend, since she's from Newfoundland, but most of my friends have no reason to be different. They've all lived here for as long as I have, and their relatives live here too.

I am the only one of my friends that ever says "y'all." I'm also the one who always gets on everybody's case for grammar. Who and whom, correct use of me and I in sentences, all the usual mistakes.