Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My First Day Back

35 posts in this topic

Posted

So yeah, I had an awesome first day. Loved it, actually.

My schedule's kinda screwed and I'm in the wrong choir, but hey. I'm getting it fixed, and I can still just hang out in the 9th-12th choir anyway, with others who had the same thing happen to them(a good friend of mine has the same problem :DD). It was great.

And I'd say I was very well received, for lack of a better term. I've changed my appearance drastically since the end of my freshman year. This ranges from style to hair to weight and even attitude. Everyone was astonished at how different I looked. They called me cute, they called me sexy. Hell, I couldn't keep my friend Bianca(greatest friend ever, I love her so much. Not from a romantic standpoint, but as a friend. I mean, I'd date her in a heartbeat if she weren't already taken, but hell.) off of me. She flipped out when she saw me, and started dragging me around and showing me to people, haha. A lot of my good friends told me how great I looked, and even someone who wasn't really my friend was surprised at me. She ain't really my friend, but we're nice enough to each other I guess.

I think what made this day great was the awesome reception. ...And crazy Bianca. :lol:

And this is great, because the 2nd semester of my freshman year SUCKED. First semester was amazing, though. Looks like it might be that way this year, too. At least with the first semester. I'll be sad if the other half ain't so different.

Oh, and let me tell you that school has finally really gone to the dogs with testing. Before, testing was important, but it wasn't the major focus of everything.

Now it's the major focus of our classes. My new English class is literally for test prep. That is really the main absolute goal of the class. So absolute that it's in our face. Same with Biology. It definitely feels like they only want to prepare us instead of teach us. It's all about the tests, now. All of it.

One thing that they've done is taken away our break. We had break in between 1st and 2nd periods(block schedule, so classes last 1hr 1/2. I just hate calling a class "block". It sounds puppying retarded.) last year and the years before. Now, we have a 20-minute class specifically for test prep. It also serves as our homeroom, and our time for things like pep-rallies. Everyone goes to it. Every day.

So while my friends easily made the day awesome, the school we're in has definitely taken a dark turn for the worse, especially since our budget has been cut.

Posted

This sounds like my Junior year.

Posted

Good to hear you had a great first day back :]

Posted

This is happening in all schools, pretty much. The testing and budget cuts.

I stopped having breaks in middle school, so.

Posted

Sucks that your curriculum is all about testing. That only leads to bad things. But it's great that everyone received you extremely well!

Posted

Sucks that your curriculum is all about testing. That only leads to bad things. But it's great that everyone received you extremely well!

Good to hear you had a good day back! :D

My school was heavy on the testing as well...it sucked but it deff. helped out for college :)

Keep your head up :)

Posted

I'm just a little worried. Testing ain't everything.

Posted

Standardized testing..?!? *hisses and growls* Gael SMASH! *smashes tests*

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good first day back. I hope the rest of the semester doesn't suck. ;3

Posted

Glad your first day was great!

Good luck with all the testing.

Posted

And I'd say I was very well received, for lack of a better term. I've changed my appearance drastically since the end of my freshman year. This ranges from style to hair to weight and even attitude. Everyone was astonished at how different I looked. They called me cute, they called me sexy. Hell, I couldn't keep my friend Bianca(greatest friend ever, I love her so much. Not from a romantic standpoint, but as a friend. I mean, I'd date her in a heartbeat if she weren't already taken, but hell.) off of me. She flipped out when she saw me, and started dragging me around and showing me to people, haha. A lot of my good friends told me how great I looked, and even someone who wasn't really my friend was surprised at me. She ain't really my friend, but we're nice enough to each other I guess.

I think what made this day great was the awesome reception. ...And crazy Bianca. laugh.gif

That could very well be me, you know. After all, my name is Bianca :P So... :)

Posted

But you live in Melbourne... lol

Posted

I could be a imposter...

Posted

Oh shit

Posted

Never thought of that, did you :P

Posted

No. Your knowledge of AFL made me think you were from Melbourne.