Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

There was an accident today

8 posts in this topic

Posted

On his way home from a football game, a friend of mine from church was in an accident and killed. Just like that, he's gone. In a better place, but not with us anymore. His family and close friends are devastated. It was such an unexpected thing that nobody knows how to react.

He spent his last hours with friends, enjoying himself. He had no idea what was going to happen. He had plans to go to college and major in Mechanical Engineering. He had a life ahead of him, but he wouldn't get to fulfill his dreams and hopes.

I was on his team during the mission trip to Memphis. There are pictures of him in our week's section of the SOS website. He danced on the roof to keep us in high spirits during the heat of the day, and I was afraid he would fall and hurt himself.

I never spent much more time with him after SOS, but I'm still upset. I shared my testimony with him, and he with me. Our group became closer than a family because we truly exposed ourselves fully, confessing our darkest secrets, sharing our deepest pains. That's why I am sad that he's gone. He's in a better place, but I'm mourning because we will never get to share that bond again. The family cannot be whole anymore.

We will miss him forever.

In memory of Reagan, who never let the world tell him what he couldn't do.

Posted

What's with all this death?

I know how you feel, though. I don't know what to offer other than my empathy and sympathy.

Here's to the good people who end up with the short end of the stick.

Posted

May his soul lie in ever lasting peace

Posted

It's really bizarre to think that he's gone. It's really made me think about the fact that we never know when something is going to happen to us. We need to make every second count.

Posted

At least he got that whole dying business out of the way.

My condolences.

Posted

This is tragic, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted

I'm really sorry for your loss. I can't say I know how you feel as I've never had someone close to me die in a sudden way, but I'm sure he's in a better place and honored his friendship with you and your friends. =')

Posted

That's a horrible situation. I'm so sorry for your loss.