Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New footage of OoT 3D

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, what's up, guys?

There isn't much news flow, so I thought I'd dig up some 3DS footage.

I love it! The revamp is beautiful, but it stays true to the original.

So what do you guys think?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W68CPInmYc&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Posted

That honestly looks great :[i][/i]D

Posted

Maybe this time around I'll actually finish this game! They were right, it does look goofy when you look at it from an angle. I'm also worried how that game in particular will play. I'm skeptical on how well this game will transition from console to hand held, is what I'm saying.

Is that some cell shading I see?

Posted

Cel shading* and no, it's not cel shaded, as far as I can tell.

It looks beautiful, though, and it looks like the pace of the game has been modernized a bit. For instance, when you're hurt, you get up much faster, and the boulder reverses direction much faster. In other words, it's a lot smoother.

And pheo, I wouldn't worry. As I was watching, I was thinking. The slide pad (the thing she was using to control Link) makes a lot of sense. The N64 only had one control stick, and it wasn't even conveniently placed next to the D-Pad. Think of the thing like an N64 controller and everything's peachy. There may be less buttons, but the touch screen makes up for that completely. It appears that Nintendo put a lot more thought into the slide pad than Sony did with their little nubby thing. If I recall correctly, the nub was placed on the right side of the console? The place where a control stick is unnatural in regards to controlling direction?

I'm really excited for this. Hope I can get ahold of one.
But man, I'm thinking this will be worse than the Wii.
Fuuuuu.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Considering how awesome Nintendo has been doing since the gamecube, yeah, it will probably be dicks to get. I'm gonna try and pre order or something.

Posted

Wow... i'm even more excited for this now. it looks absolutely incredible! and i really like what saha pointed out about the increased pace. next time im at gamestop imma ask them about reserving one. cuz if its really gonna be $300 then imma have to start putting money towards it now

Posted

I should be excited for this, but for some reason I'm not.

Also, Pheo, I already bitched about how it looks cel-shaded.

Posted

Even though it's not and you're just stupid sometimes.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='31 October 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1288505485' post='322236']
the boulder reverses direction much faster.
[/quote]

I have never understood this boulder, ever. It moves in a loop forever, on a flat surface. Somehow they perfected kinetic energy, and the only thing they could think to do with the result is guard a chest containing a knife, poorly. Poorly to the point where a child can get past the defences. On top of that, it just changes directions all willy nilly. Like, what the hell.

Silly video games.

Posted

Never understood it. Either the a huge friggin magnet in the middle of the track keeping the ball going around, or the ball is alive, and should have its own HySpace account.

Posted

And even if there is a giant magnet in the middle of the track, how is the ball keeping it's momentum at such a steady pace? How does it keep going for infinity? When it stops, how does it turn around so quickly and perfectly? Why does it stop just because it hit a small child? Does it stop for all small mammals in it's path? And don't answer this question with magic, because even in OoT magic has a bar. That boulder has to run out of magic power eventually.

Posted

the thing i realy loved from the video was that the colors are so vivid! and that his hat moves a litle with the wind :embarrassed:
lol i get exited over the simplest things :D

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='31 October 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1288575715' post='322298']
Even though it's not and you're just stupid sometimes.
[/quote]
I know, but even though it's not I'm still not interested in it. Maybe it's because I'm not big on the whole 3D thing.

Posted

[quote name='pheonix561' date='31 October 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1288578680' post='322302']Silly video games.
[/quote]
Silly deficiency in suspension of disbelief.
Like really, how many times do I have to say this.
You can't appreciate a story until you get past how it's different from real life, because [i]it's not real life[/i]. Stop trying to compare the two.

Also, YLA, you haven't even TRIED it.
It hasn't even COME OUT yet.
Like come on.
3D without glasses is crazy.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I know, but I'm not really amazed by 3D. I mean it's just not really all that great.