Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tron: Legacy

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Discuss.

So Daft Punk are p. beautiful human beings/robots.

However, they gave us (pheo, kaffles, Soap, myself) a survey about marketing with the movie, etc., and not anywhere on the list was "Daft Punk". They had a huge list of reasons why you wanted to see the movie, amongst them the main actors, but not the people who made the original soundtrack. Like goodness. They had "music", lower case, just like that. It was rageworthy. So in every "other" space, I wrote "Daft Punk". There was a section dedicated to Disney's adverts. Soap and I didn't answer, instead writing, "What is a Disney?"

dptronsuits.jpg

Also, I'm wondering how many of you watched Legacy without watching Tron, therefore missing the abundant references.

tron1982.jpg

I also wonder how many of you think/thought the Light Cycles were the main point/extremely important in the first Tron.

tron21.jpg

Really, they're not very important at all. Their cool factor was definitely upped in the new Tron.

Soap: "In the future, they have curves."

Posted

I seriously thought tron was an old video game where you played as motorcycles on a grid and tried to get the other motorcycles to run into the wall you made behind you before I saw this movie.

Posted

But that's what made it cool.

Also, the light cycles helped them escape. Just sayin'. Pretty important.

Posted

it looks kind of stupid.

Posted

I enjoyed the new one. As far as story goes, it wasn't anything special, but it was still a pretty cool movie.

And I did enjoy the Daft Punk, I must say.

Posted

Well I only really went to see the movie for daft punk, and I wasn't disappointed. When I looked them up on wikipedia for the credits, they were classified in the movie as mp3 files.

Also, Quorra was hot.

Posted

While the storyline and acting were somewhat average, the music and special effects made up for it.