Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What the...

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright, so I'm trying to change my avatar. That's cool and all, and stuff, but Hyrule is being a bitch and won't let me.

Look, I know the guidelines.

No picture bigger than 100x100 pixels. Mine's 100x96.

No file size over 100 KBs. Mine's like, 8 KBs.

Only png, jpg, etc are accepted. Mine's .jpg.

What the hell is going on?

It also gives me this message:

The upload failed - there was a problem moving the avatar to the uploads directory. Please verify permissions are set correctly on the uploads folder.

Posted

I'm not supposed to be telling you this, But Dustin recently remade the forum from a Hyrule forum layout to a "No Chases Club," and gave us all new forum layouts that can only be assigned, cannot be switched, and are screen shot proof.

Sorry.

Posted

:zelda:

Posted

No Sock puppets either. No Chase of any kind. I don't think he banned your IP completely, but he did in fact make it so every time anyone posts "Chase," it gets replaced with a goatse picture. Most of us are just getting around it the same way we did with puppy, just through putting tags in the middle of everything.

Posted

No Sock puppets either. No Chase of any kind. I don't think he banned your IP completely, but he did in fact make it so every time anyone posts "Chase," it gets replaced with a goatse picture. Most of us are just getting around it the same way we did with puppy, just through putting tags in the middle of everything.

Chase

chase

no goatse

Now I feel cheated and lied to, thanks pheo you meanie of falsehood :<

Posted

pheonix damn it I don't want a meme or any of that shit.

I just want to put a pic as my avatar.

pheonix damn it.

Posted

I'll actually be helpful and... help! :>

If you're uploading a forum avatar, upload your picture to imageshack or photobucket, then copy the url and paste it into appropriate box. Easy! :>

If it's for the profile pic, then it doesn't work for anyone unfortunately :< someone should really fix that. Please? <3

Posted

See, I tried uploading it to photobucket but got that same error. Ive tried all the different pic formats (jpg, png, etc) and I really don't know what else to do.

I guess try imageshack and that's my last hope.

EDIT:

Imageshack worked. Photobucket is shit and I will use it no more. And apparently uploading from my computer is shit. My computer is shit.

Shit.

Posted

Looks like Imageshack worked then :>

Posted

I'll actually be helpful and... help! :>

If you're uploading a forum avatar, upload your picture to imageshack or photobucket, then copy the url and paste it into appropriate box. Easy! :>

If it's for the profile pic, then it doesn't work for anyone unfortunately :< someone should really fix that. Please? <3

Is the profile pic a new problem? Mine still seems to be there, but it's been a few months since it's been changed.

Posted

^ yeah for months it's impossible to upload a new profile pic. Like when you try to do it, it comes up with this message:

"The upload failed. Please notify an administrator."

even when it's the right size and stuff. I don't understanddddddd ))))))))))))))):

Posted

^ yeah for months it's impossible to upload a new profile pic. Like when you try to do it, it comes up with this message:

"The upload failed. Please notify an administrator."

even when it's the right size and stuff. I don't understanddddddd ))))))))))))))):

Hmm, I never had an issue. Uploaded the one I have now around August, so it must have started after that.

That kinda sucks.