Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WBC promises not to protest 9 year old's funeral

24 posts in this topic

Posted

A Westboro Baptist Church official said Wednesday morning that supporters will not picket the funerals of victims of last weekend's shooting spree in Tucson.

Church spokeswoman Shirley Phelps-Roper told The Republic by phone from its Westboro's Topeka, Kan., headquarters that plans to appear in Arizona have been dropped in exchange for appearances on two conservative radio talk shows, one national and another based in Phoenix.

"If I can use my show to prevent them from disrupting these funerals I view that as positive, even though I find their message reprehensible," said Mike Gallagher, whose national talk show airs on KKNT - 960 AM radio in Phoenix....

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/12/20110112arizona-shooting-church-agrees-not-to-protest.html#ixzz1As3UxLAY

Posted

God hates WBC.

Posted

God hates no one.

Posted

He should consider starting.

Posted

I forgot about the shooting momentarily and, as a result, that the 9 year old died in it. I was expecting an Onion article in this thread.

Posted

Kimmy, I promise I will not start threads in this section with onion articles.

And I'm with Nabe, if there are people God should hate, it's these bastards.

Posted

Yeah, when I saw shooting I thought of Arizona. Unless Tuscon is in Arizona. Because I didn't know a nine year old died in it :(

Posted

Yeah, when I saw shooting I thought of Arizona. Unless Tuscon is in Arizona. Because I didn't know a nine year old died in it :(

Yeah, Tucson is in Arizona, and it was the same shooting. These people were going to protest her funeral, and are still going to protest the funeral of the federal judge who died.

Posted

Yeah, it was at a grocery store. And he just shot. And he didn't kill who he wanted to, but a bunch of others yes.

Posted

Yeah, I'm not real sure how he screwed that one up.

Posted

*Sigh* What ever happen to "Love thy neighbor"

WBC are a bunch of hypercrites for not following thier own religous rules and shall go to hell for that

What I wouldn't give for a chance to give them a huge earfull of thier idoitic ideas

Posted

It's not about rules...

But these people certainly are lost. Their religion, whatever it may be, certainly cannot be based on the love and forgiving salvation of Christ. Chase is right, God doesn't hate people. He hates their sin.

I must say, the fact that they were expected to protest a 9 year old's funeral is terrible. I know they usually have some reason, however twisted the logic is, for protesting, but the 9 year old can't have doe anything.

Posted

They don't protest the people, shadowknight. They use high profile deaths to protest the country and our allowance of homosexuality to exist in our borders.

They say that these violent deaths, murders, soldiers who die in action, are God's punishment for us allowing homosexuality as a country.

And the day it happened they added her funeral to their schedule. These radio stations talked them out of it in return to letting them spread their hat on the air.

Posted

Right. GoC, I'm pretty sure their pastor wrote a book, and on the cover it said "God Loves you, the biggest lie ever told" or something. I'm paraphrasing. But I do know they worship a wrathful god, so I don't think I can in good conscious call them hypocrites.

Posted

Are they not worshipping the same god as I

I would not be part of this religon if the god of it was wrathful

The stories in the bible shows that my god hates racisism and aren't these protests a form of racistism

Plus Armagaddon is going to happen even if they succeded so what is the point?