Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am Sahaqiel, envy of hipsters everywhere.

24 posts in this topic

Posted

So my friends and I visited our monthly flea market, (kaffles and Soap also joined us in our state, which is a rare occurrence) and I was determined to get my hand on a CD album that I was curious about from before, since it was French House and I love me some French House. I'd seen the CD in the bin during the previous flea market, but couldn't get it then. I got to the CD bin and also picked up Franz Ferdinand's You Could Have It So Much Better [with Franz Ferdinand] two-sided disc, which includes the studio making-ofs and Do You Want To's music video and everything on the DVD side, and the album on the other side. Good deal considering all the CDs were sold for two dollars, and the DVDs for three. (In retrospect, wouldn't the Franz Ferdinand disc have costed five dollars, lol?)

Anyway, after much sifting through the unrecognizable artists and some detestable recognizable ones, plus skimming over the thing I had been looking for in the first place without realizing it, I found it.

30717917.png

This is Bleü's album Electro-Lyte.

I want you to do me a favor. Look this artist up on Google. Give up?

That's because Google doesn't know who they are.

See that record label? TSR Records. An indie record label.

In addition to that, in TSR's Wikipiedia article, which is practically a stub, Bleü isn't even mentioned.

See that cheesy generic 90's album art? It's both retro and ironic!

50911937.png

Now let's look at the insides. First of all, what is the first thing about the songs that you notice? What sticks out about them, or amongst them?

There are less than ten, of course! This CD is no try-hard, I assure you!

Now let's look at the right side.

Look, they misspelled Artwork to be ironic! And Ruben's last name is Steavins, not Stephens or Stevens! Johnie's name isn't spelled Johnny! These peoples' names are hipster to the extreme!

It calls French House by its lesser known and used names, like Disco House and Electronic House! This disc sure is savvy. And since it's house, it samples already existing artists' works.

But here's the thing. Those artists are just as obscure.

This is literally obscure music made of more obscure music. Well OK, it deducts a couple points since Google kind of knows who the last two people on that list are, but look at that crazy e-mail address! @ix.netcom.com? It has com in the name TWICE!

To share the joys of such a hipster disc, I might upload everything to YouTube.

Wherever the elusive and obscure artist is, maybe it might reach them eventually and they will be glad someone knows who they are.

I think I might be in danger, though. I think a hipster would kill me on the street for such a disc. I might be the only person in existence to know of this band and its music, and the music is actually pretty good.

I also think the disc is possessed. I imported it to my iTunes, and if I click one of the songs, it just starts cycling rapidly through all the songs on the disc without playing anything. Not only that, but it skips every other song for some reason, but since it's an odd number, it plays through everything.

It might be angry that I am trying to play it on such a mainstream media player.

I'm kind of scared.

Sahaqiel

Posted

just sprinkle some holy water on it that usually gets rid of low level possesions like these

Posted

There's always someone more hipster than you.

Hint: Its Teto.

Posted

My only hope is that I make this album go mainstream before it's too late.

Posted

I think I might be in danger, though. I think a hipster would kill me on the street for such a disc. I might be the only person in existence to know of this band and its music, and the music is actually pretty good.

but you just told everyone! which means that one of us is either a hipster, or will sell you out to the hipster hordes!

Posted

This is the least hipster thing, to want something mainstream.

Posted

hey

hey

hey

I was the first one to say I liked it

I was the first one to comment on the name of the song "Incomplete Orgasm"

I was the one who made a Kimmy anecdote at the song

I take all credit for everything you typed up there without reading it.

Posted

I was the one who made a Kimmy anecdote at the song

???

Posted

The name and the song made me think of that dildo Nabe bought you that throbbed to the beat of whatever song was playing in your ipod.

Posted

I need to go out dancing with that thing. <3

Its not a dildo, its a little bullet.

Posted

This is more hip than the Tragically Hip and HLatN's 'Hip to be Square'.

Combined. xD

But seriously, thats pretty random stuff. xD I'd like to hear these guys.

Posted

Incomplete Orgasm and Microbes sound like beautiful, poetic songs gosh c':

Also "published by van gogh's ear music"????? Je ne comprends pas :CCCCCCC

Posted

The name of the Publishing company is "Van Gogh's Ear Music."

Posted

Shaq, I love you. : (

Every single hipster joke. They were all so beautiful. : (

Posted

Great find, this is almost as bad as Interior Semiotics!