Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Legend of Edda

36 posts in this topic

Posted

So HarajukuVampire and I have been playing Legend of Edda. It took us a while to find an MMORPG that we really enjoy, but I believe that we have found it! But we have a dilemma... Dungeon crawling and Boss fighting is very, very difficult with just the two of us, especially since neither of us are proper tanks. (She is a cleric and I'm a wizard, both mage type classes) So yea, we need people to play with and we wanna play with some of you guys!! We have a guild, run by us, called RainbowUnicorn. We want this guild to be based on communication, so we highly recommend members to use Skype or, if enough people request it, we might get a vent server. Not sure yet.

Our current target to kill:

Phantom Knight- Lv 17 elite boss.

Phantom_knight.jpg

A little about the game:

Gameplay- it has a 3D isometric view. You can walk with WASD keys, arrow keys, mouse, or by clicking on the full map or mini map. You can't change the view but you can zoom in and out with the scroll wheel. You get used to the view pretty quickly and the lack of turning camera doesn't hinder you at all. Tab is auto target and 1-0 are skill/action hot keys, as well as alt+1-0.

Factions- You can be part of Olympus or Titan. We play Olympus, so if you choose Titan, you can't play with us, just against us. That won't be any fun. The ONLY difference in factions are the basic mounts (Olympus have horses and Titans have wolves) but the advanced mounts both seem to be tigers. I unno. Also, Olympus team color is blue while Titan's is red. So yea, otherwise the game is exactly the same. When players of opposing factions meet on the same map, you can bet that somebody is gonna die. Just saying. Also, there is Sacred Treasure Wars, which are basically faction based capture the flag. Up to 200 players can join in on a single war, with up to 100 on each team.

Classes- 3 class types with 2 sub-classes each

Fighter:

>Warrior- Always on the front lines, the Warrior possesses a strong balance of attack and defense with the sword and shield. They also have a higher chance at aggravating their enemies in battle. Warrior specializes in aggravation and defense.

>Swordsman- Skillful and powerful in action, the Swordsman has the capabilities of destroying their enemies with two-handed sword techniques. Swordman specializes in strength and critical strike.

Rogue:

>Assassin- With a thirst for blood, the assassin will not hesitate to paralyze or envenom their opponents. They are notorious for their skills of destroying their enemies with a single deathblow. Assassin specializes in steatlh and single deathblows.

>Archer- Bright and sociable but very lethal in combat, the archer primarily wounds its enemies from afar with ranged attacks. Archer specializes in agility and ranged attacks.

Mage:

>Cleric- With a warm and helping heart, the Cleric assists their allies not only with healing powers, but they also motivate and inspire friendly targets with buffs. Cleric specializes in magic and support. (HarajukuVampire plays this)

>Wizard- Analytical, wise and intelligent in battle, the Wizard defeats their enemies with the mighty power of magic from distance. They have the ability to cast powerful spells to attack multiple enemies. Wizard specializes in magic and AoE attacks. (I play this)

Additional Info:

The game's North American release is uber new so content is decent but not a shit load at the moment. Level cap is 40 and the 2nd job advancement has not been released yet. But there is still plenty to do. Also, it's f2p. (free-to-play)

Official site- http://legendofedda.gamescampus.com/

Wiki- http://wiki.eddalegend.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

YOU GUYS SHOULD TOTALLY JOIN OUR GUILD AND PLAY WITH US!! DO IT!

Posted

I'm signing up and downloading it now. I'll install it while I go to bed tonight.

Posted

Cool beans!!

Posted

I'm tempted to go for the swordsman class, but if you guys need a tank, I can be a warrior. What do you think?

Wait wait wait. Is this Windows only? In which case, puppy.

Posted

Oh yea, you be Mac. That stinks and makes me cry at night.

Anyways, I just made a new character (actually, I made 3 to secure awesome names) partially to help out new players and partially for fun.

My four characters are:

FantasticLark- Wizard

CarrotSurpreme- Archer

VintageRainbow- Warrior

DanXVampCORE- Assassin

Posted

I'll play Are mages any good?

Posted

Yea, my main character is a mage! All the classes are very balanced so it's really all about the player's playing style. Do you have Skype? If not then you should GET IT! :>

Posted

ya ill proply set one up tomoreo i nneded one any way

how many updates are there?

Posted

Like I said, the game is really new. There aren't too many patches to sit through when you install the game.

Posted

alright ill proply be on tomore0 (m0nday) at 3:00pm or so

Posted

Ok so it's installing right now. It's at 11% and there's about 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 hours left. However it's almost midnight so after it's done I'm going to bed so I'll play it tomorrow when I get home or tomorrow night at about 10.

Posted

Looks... interesting. I might give it a try tomorrow or the day after.

Posted

@the new guy

Just add me on Skype when you get it.

Skype name: phantasmagorichero

Posted

Ill look into this, i always enjoy finding new games to play wow gets soo boring at times. If I do play Ill more than likely be a tank or evil caster if there is one.

Looks like me and my brother will be playing this game I will be tank and him melee dps. Ill give more details after we both install.

Posted

COOL! But guys, you should all totally add me on Skype so we can be all organized and kick ass easier.