Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doom

30 posts in this topic

Posted

You are so not 11.

Posted

She's actually really interesting for an 11 year old.

Posted

....Too interesting.

Posted

Yeah, spam's a sort of constant here, since we're so casual. (So loosen up ;o)

In other words, when people have conversations like this one, it tends to bring up other topics. So we roll from that, and eventually it gets back on track.

Also, I've played one of the DOOMs, I believe. It was pretty lol.

After reading the word "doom" in my head so much, it's starting to sound like a really nonsensical word.

It's not like anyone uses that word seriously nowadays anyway.

And yeah, I admit it's kind of funny that an 11 year old is so interested in retro things. Heck, even modern stuff. You've got better tastes than a lot of not underage folk I know so far.

Keep it up. Learn some stuff.

Evolve into your ideal mannerisms.

Be cool. B)

Sahaqiel

Posted

I've only played Doom 64 and ffffffffffffffffffff it was high octane nightmare fuel for wee 6-year old Cascade so I guess I haven't played another since... woe :c

Posted

She's 11. What?

I tried the first game. I played it on easy, got so far. Then on hard, got not very so far.

I just didn't like the fact that I have no idea what to do sometimes because I suck. And since I didn't beat the first game, I'm not gonna go onto the others, even if their storylines don't connect, that's just how I roll.

Posted

I played the first two. Pretty incredible, really. Very scary when you're alone at night. I think my brother would sometimes walk into a room I was in and turn the lights off just to freak me out (and I would, because I had just spent five hours playing DOOM).

Posted

LOL

Doom was the first creepy (and violent game I played about 2 years ago) and it scared the CRAP out of me. And its funny because there were so many newer better looking scarier games. Once I played those recently the first 3 Doom games look like a comic book. But I can understand why they were scary so long ago when there was nothing else.

I think it is safe to say.

People. This is where your Halos and your CoDs came from.

Respect! Yo!

Edit: I AM 11 BUT ONLY FOR LIKE ... 10 MORE DAYS OR SO! ;(

Also like I said when you have a awesome dad that keeps all his retro games and you have me... a curious tomboy. It usually = awesomeness.

Yeah... I went there ;(

Posted

Halo came from Marathon :P

But yeah I never played Doom but I've always respected what it is. :)

Posted

Aaaand where do you think Marathon came from? xD

Posted

I haven't played any Doom. It's pretty cool that your dad played all of these though.

Posted

I've heard of Doom, but I've never played it. This guy at my school talks about Doom 3 all the time though. I may try Doom for the NES sometime.

Posted

I think Doom was released in 93, while Marathon was released in 94 on the mac. Idk if there was any inspiration from Doom or not. Both are good games, though.

Posted

Ok I was wrong Doom was on SNES, but I played it. It's pretty cool. It reminds me of a 3D Metroid in a way and it reminds me of Halo. Thing is I actually like this more than Metroid.

Posted

I would almost say that Goldeneye 64 was the father of modern shooters more so than doom or Marathon. But all pushed the boundaries of what a "shooter" is and helped make the genre modern and relevant. Halo was definitely the best first person shooter we'd ever seen at the time, though I can't fault Goldeneye just because of the N64's graphics or control scheme. It did amazing with what it had.