Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Question for all of Hyrule.net

43 posts in this topic

Posted

For as long as I have been here, I have mostly kept details of my life to myself. With maybe one or two exceptions, I think most of you know very little about who I actually am. I can't say why I've kept so quiet; I guess I thought nobody really cared who I was.

However, things are changing. I feel like I have been mostly anonymous for too long. I think I am ready to try and connect with you guys a little bit better, and if you guys care, I think I will try to be more open about who I really am.

Basically, I just want to know if you guys are interested in getting to know the real me, and not just the Knuckle you see posting everywhere. If you guys are unwilling or uninterested, that's fine, but I really do feel like I've been out of the inner circle here for too long.

Posted

Knuckle. Yes, we are interested. We are notoriously close knit, and you are a well known part of that. Post links to your facebook and tell us what your favorite things to do are, outside of video games.

Someone get Eka in here, she's been here forever and I know so very little about her.

Posted

Yay, H.net family!

Posted

Excellent. For starters, my facebook is right here. Feel free so send me friend requests and I'll add you guys!

Posted

It took me so long to realize you were an actual member here. TOO LONG! Start talking, NOW!

Posted (edited)

Asl -_^

EDIT:

Your hammer is manly.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks man. I have a thing for hammers. :D

Anyway, I'm very pleased with all of the friend requests I'm getting! Keep 'em coming!

Also, I'm 19. Forgot to mention that and I don't see it on facebook.

Posted

Bah. More people who check their facebook religiously.

So far, the impression I've got of you is you're just a pretty calm guy. You don't rage or fight with anyone, but your still pretty active.

Posted

Yeah, I try no to get angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. ;)

Posted

Nah, I like leaving things to the imagination and try to figure people out by thier post; it's more fun that way.

Posted

Added you on Facebook ;)

Hope to hear you open up!

Posted

Nah, I like leaving things to the imagination and try to figure people out by thier post; it's more fun that way.

You are gonna judge and assume things about the person based on their posts, rather then trying to get to know the "real" them? That's totally fair.

Posted

How is that not fair? You're practically doing the same thing on facebook. We still have status updates and photos of ourselves. In fact, on a forum like this you probably interact with people more than on facebook. Whats the difference?

Posted

How is that not fair? You're practically doing the same thing on facebook. We still have status updates and photos of ourselves. In fact, on a forum like this you probably interact with people more than on facebook. Whats the difference?

I unno, maybe because Facebook has a lot less drama for me. I suppose, though, that it just happens to be me. I see and understand your point now. However, it is interesting to see how people interact with irl people as opposed to iil people. Like, you get to see both sides of people a little better. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I know that my irl is almost a 180 compared to this. I know that's true with LL too.

Posted

You are gonna judge and assume things about the person based on their posts, rather then trying to get to know the "real" them? That's totally fair.

That's like saying that you shouldn't base your opinions of someone on the conversations you have at school because they could be someone totally different outside of school.

Sure, maybe someone acts different on FB, or IRL, but if they only interact with you here, that is going to be what their judgment is based on. There are plenty of people online that may be very nice and pleasant people IRL, but one might choose to avoid because of their online persona. It's all about interaction and context.