Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Question for all of Hyrule.net

43 posts in this topic

Posted

That's like saying that you shouldn't base your opinions of someone on the conversations you have at school because they could be someone totally different outside of school.

Sure, maybe someone acts different on FB, or IRL, but if they only interact with you here, that is going to be what their judgment is based on. There are plenty of people online that may be very nice and pleasant people IRL, but one might choose to avoid because of their online persona. It's all about interaction and context.

Did you not read my post after that?

Posted

Alright, time to take the next step. How do I do all of this irc/skype stuff?

Posted

http://www.mirc.com/

Once you start up mIRC, if it hasn't already,

1. Go to Tools, and then Options.

2. Expand Connect and go to Servers.

3. Click "Add" and type in Zelda or whatever for Description, "webirc.nixtrixirc.net" for IRC Server, and 6667 for the Port and then click Add

That shooooould set you up?

4. Go to Options, which is below Servers

5. Click "Perform" and check "Enable perform on connect" and then put "/join #Zelda" in the "Perform commands" text box and then click OK

Some extras that just make mIRC easier would be to stay on that same tab and check "Reconnect on Disconnect". Go to IRC tab and check "Rejoin channel when kicked". These ones are preference as well, expand Display and go to Options, click "Tray" and uncheck everything that may be checked. And then from there, it should be a-ok.

Then you can just click the colored crayons/markers and change the colors of everything, like your messages, other peoples' messages, nick changes, mode changes, join text, quit text, and others.

If you're having trouble connecting to the chat, just ask someone like Double or Tappy, they know everysing about dees porgoram. At least, I think they do.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/

Download Skype, ask for peoples' usernames. A lot more simple than mIRC. Although, Skype is only good for voice chat, though. mIRC is god among text chats. ; )

Posted

lol, I use mibbit because I'm pro.

Posted

Did you not read my post after that?

I did, and if you weren't going for sarcasm, I apologize. That's how it reads though.

Posted

So, do I have to pay just to use mIRC and to get the group chat function in skype?

Posted

No, you only have to pay if you don't want the window to pop-up every time you start mIRC or if you want to make actual phone calls on Skype. Regular calls don't cost money, like, calls via mic, just to actual phones.

Posted

Ok, gotcha. I guess that fixes everything then. When is everyone usually on Skype?

Posted

We're always on skype. Everyone is from different time zones and schedules, so depending on what time you get on you'll meet different people, but generally someone is usually on. Add me, I'm Hammurabi561. From there I'll add you to our group chat, and you can talk to everyone else from there.

Posted

Thanks for the help! I went ahead and added you to my contacts.

Posted

Knuckle that means you have to get on skype and talk to us :(

Posted

Getting on now. :embarrassed:

EDIT: added Cascade and t1g to my contacts and I'm on the chat now.

Posted

this topic is a big QFT