Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yume Nikki

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Namely, you find out what a disturbed and traumatized character she is. :squint:

Big time. o-o

Anyways, it wasn't really my kind of game, but it was interesting to at least experience. ^^;

Posted

It kinda reminded me too much of Ryukishi07 new manga Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (read it. It is amazing as with most of his works and if you don't a youkai might pop your head off like a doll)

And that made me want to cry more than feel creeped out

Posted

I don't usually read manga, but if you could give me a link, I might try it out. Especially If it's like Yume Nikki. :D

Posted

Thanks for the link. It was a very interesting read. :D

Does it end at chapter 4 though?

Posted

Ryukishi07 has a new manga? How the frick did I not find out about this before now?

Posted

It is really new, so 4 chapters just might be what is in volume one

And Aethix, I am pretty sure it has been only released in Japan and someone translated it online. I only really found out about it because Higanbanas are my favorite flower and upon searching for pictures of last years blooming I found the link just by chance.

Posted

I keep getting an error with the Microsoft AppLocale installer XP

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I installed the RPG2003RTP thing already, but it still won't install.

EDIT: Oh. I just went in the folder with an entirely japanese name and opened the .exe-looking file there. Then it worked XD It's too late at night atm for me to start playing, but hopefully I'll be able to try it when I get home tomorrow. It sounds fun!

Posted

For me, the game .exe is named ゲームスタート so I guess that could be what confused me XD

Posted

Have you gotten to play it yet?

Posted

For me, the game .exe is named ゲームスタート so I guess that could be what confused me XD

Well, that does sound like it would start the game.

Posted

I started playing it around an hour ago. The forest with eyes freaked me out SO MUCH.

Also, I started reading that manga you posted. It's by the same guy that did Higurashi? I loved that series, even though I only saw it as an anime XD

Posted

I wish there were at least some hint at where some of the effects are. Also, the racing girl that sends you to an area of no return is annoying.

For whatever reason, the screen keeps blinking, as well. Is this happening to anyone else?

Posted

Oh, there's walkthrough for the effects and all the cool events here. I believe technical difficulties troubleshooting and installation links are provided if you want to try a different download site.