Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Band issues

6 posts in this topic

Posted

In order for this story to make sense, I have to go back a little while before it started.

Back in November, me and the singer of our band were having a bit of a moral conflict with our bassist. You see, he had taken up the habits of charming our friend's girlfriends and also smoking a lot. Like, he was always high. So, the singer and myself saw that this was becoming an issue for the band and confronted him about it. He didn't mind too much, but when one of our violinists found out, her and two other girls that are our friends started chewing out the singer and me. This continued for around two weeks, and right before we could end it for sure, my girlfriend made a bad decision and apologized for us. All that did was put a timer on the bomb.

So, now for the story. This Monday, I call a band meeting at lunch to discuss our future projects and songs. We plan to have it at lunch. The period before lunch, however, there is a commotion outside. I join the people looking out the window and, much to my horror, see our bassist walking to his car with the administrators and police officers. The drug dogs had been in the parking lot, and they smelled something in his car. I don't see him for the rest of the day.

That night, my mom asks me about it. She's friends with the Vice Principal, so she found out quickly. I tell her what I know, and she says regardless of whether or not he comes back, I cannot play in a band with the bassist anymore.

The next day, I tell the band. The singer says his parents told him the same thing. Then, that time bomb blows up. In the course of the last day, those three girls took out their anger on my girlfriend, who really had nothing to do with any of this. Two of them won't talk to any of us, and one of them is yelling a lot. It's destroying all of our friendships with these people that some of us, myself included, have known since Elementary school. Almost half of my life, I've been friends with these people.

So, here I am this morning, prepared for my mission. I'm going to quit, and I'm personally going to each one of the people involved. I really hope it ends the band. Everybody in it is either really angry or really sad, and they all have told me that it's the band's fault. That is, the band as an entity. So if the founder, percussionist, and member that is the only one that can arrange songs quits, maybe the band will falter and the friendships will return.

I'll find out if this works in half an hour, I guess.

Posted

Wait, you play drums? Who is your favorite drummer? Is is Don Henley? Because I really dig Eagles stuff you know, and Don Henley is the bomb since he played drums and vocals in Hotel California and all. OhmygoshI'msuchanEaglesmaniac! :n_n:

Anyway, sorry about your band. Maybe you can find a new bassist?

Posted

Well, I suppose if you're already doing it then there's not much input i can give other than good luck.

Posted

Yeah, hope things go well. It sounds like putting the band on hiatus as least would be a good idea. You could always start a new band later on with the members who still want to. It sucks when that crap happens with people you've known for a long time.

Posted

It is done. Our band is no more.

Most of us are still friends, with the exception of one person who spent today telling everybody how terrible we were as people and how we're ditching friendship and are completely unreliable. General false statements like that.

It's sad, no lie. I won't be shedding any tears, but there is that sort of dark internal sadness, if that makes any sense.

I probably will start a worship project with my Bible study. "Songs of David" is the name we're going with, and we're going to adapt Psalms into lyrics and write music to go with them. We may do some other stuff too, but it's very uncertain right now.

Posted

Damn. I'm sorry to hear about your band splitting. I never even got to form one (but Maybe soon) but I know working together is really tough.

Good luck with your new project, it sounds like an awesome idea.