Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link To the Past to come to 3DS?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

It's just a rumour, but I thought it would be worth posting, since it was based on an interview with Miyamoto.

It can be found here. Mention of LttP near the bottom of the quotation.

Shigeru Miyamoto has signalled a shift in Nintendo’s focus, saying that the firm’s recent lack of software output was due to it having focused its efforts on hardware development, and that it is ready to make and release games again.

Speaking to us in London yesterday, Miyamoto said: “I think 3DS is a unique entertainment tool - everyone can understand how it works. One of our next aims is: how do you convey this message? Because one has to play and experience [it].

“We spent a lot of time developing 3DS, for games for the future, so from now on I think we’ll focus more on gaming and we are releasing lots of games this year.”

Miyamoto confirmed that we can expect more “remakes of games on 3DS as well” and revealed his hopes for the downloadable software available through eShop, which will be launched by way of a system update, expected next month.

“Personally speaking, because it’s [for] 3DS, it’ll be 3DS-specific, unique and immediately suitable for 3DS. With downloadable games via eShop we will start to create meaningful and high-value games for 3DS specifically.”

He is open, too, to Nintendo’s established franchises appearing on the eShop, saying: “I think if it’s meaningful for 3DS. For me it’s important that anyone can play, and that it’s easy and comfortable for anyone - it’s not forcing a game into the hardware itself.”

With an Ocarina Of Time remake on the way in June, Miyamoto says the one game he would most like to see remade for 3DS would be another Zelda classic. “I think A Link To The Past,” he says. “Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”

As we reported yesterday, Miyamoto as good as confirmed that Nintendo will be revealing its rumoured new console at E3 in June, and also revealed new info on Super Mario 3DS, which he said will be “completely original, and coming this year.”

Posted

ALttP was one of the first Zelda games I ever played. This is gonna be amazing if they do. :D

Posted

Yeah, it will ^_^

But I want a new Zelda game too D; (That's not on Wii)

Posted

Eh it it may make ALttP interesting at least. I tried to play ALttP and I didn't like it as much as other Zelda games. It may be because I went to the wrong temple first fighting an impossible boss, but even after watching someone play it, I'm still not convinced it's a good game. Seriously though if anything they need to make new game for this thing because so far all we have are remakes of games. As far as I know. Besides Rayman I guess.

Posted

It may be because I went to the wrong temple first fighting an impossible boss

That's impossible. You can't get to the second dungeon without the pegasus boots, which you get AFTER level 1. And you can't go to the third without the item form the second.

Posted

Well then they must have f***ed up the GBA version. That or they made the game harder because the first boss was 3 worms that you fight and they shoot rocks at you from 3 angles to hit you. I mean I can understand a desert temple being hard, but that was just not fair.

Posted

Seriously though if anything they need to make new game for this thing because so far all we have are remakes of games. As far as I know. Besides Rayman I guess.

They are making new games for it. Just not right now.

And Rayman 3D was a port of Rayman 2, not a new game.

Posted

I wish it was a port of Rayman 64. I remember I had and played that game when I was younger great game...

Posted

Rayman 3DS is a port of Rayman 64. You silly wumpkin.

Anyway, I hope they include Four Swords like with the GBA port. Holy god will it ever be amazing if they did. Internet/wifi with bros in Four Swords. It'll be perfect.

Posted

I wonder if they'd consider bringing the original Pokemon games to the eShop. That'd be awesome.

Posted

Ocarina of Time is one thing beacuse of it's 3D characters and environment. But A Link to the Past is old school top down 2D. It would'nt transition into 3D unless it got a major overhaul.

Posted

I thought it sounded interesting, but I have no idea how they could make the game 3D without compromising the look and feel of the original. Miyamoto mentioned having a look and feel similar to Xevious, so maybe it's about the main terrain being in a background layer compared to the characters, or something to that extent. Kind of cool, but unnecessary.